What's new

Mystery Item- help ID ing

_Rockie_

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 3, 2019
Messages
5
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I am new here and pretty new to hunting artifacts. I found this tonight on Nantucket Island. Any ideas what it is? Thanks for any help.
 

Attachments

  • 50B8E879-D5EF-4BF3-993C-760C6097B63A.webp
    50B8E879-D5EF-4BF3-993C-760C6097B63A.webp
    207.5 KB · Views: 115
  • AC5883A2-A21A-4DB9-A307-0C1139AA9A14.webp
    AC5883A2-A21A-4DB9-A307-0C1139AA9A14.webp
    214.7 KB · Views: 84
  • CA072E49-9343-4B96-99FF-82F56657EF31.webp
    CA072E49-9343-4B96-99FF-82F56657EF31.webp
    286.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 9D1C6CF4-4138-48EF-B718-1F8636C642C7.webp
    9D1C6CF4-4138-48EF-B718-1F8636C642C7.webp
    161.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay. Just thought maybe it was something due to the unusual shape and scoring on top and bottom.
 
Thanks for the warm welcome!
 
:hello: Welcome to tnet!


Keep looking, Don't give up. Read up where others have possibly found artifacts, and study what type of areas that artifacts can be found. Never give up, it can be a rewarding hobby. Good Luck! :icon_thumright:
 
Hi! And Welcome!
That’s a very weird piece. I’m not sure either way. It’s just too far out of the norm from what we see.
Could be something though. Nantucket is a promising place to search.
Clearer photos may help.
 
I was thinking fossil when I first saw it.
 
I would have picked it up too. Best way to hunt for artifacts is to watch for anomaly. Your on the right track!
 
Hi Rockie...We Are Getting A Lot of...Hammer Stones...Located Recently!

Welcome to the Show!

I would state that the groves carved into these stone are to secure the bindings.

Nice find!

Hammer Stone.webpHammer Stone 2.webpHammer Stone 3.webp
 
:hello: Welcome to tnet!


Keep looking, Don't give up. Read up where others have possibly found artifacts, and study what type of areas that artifacts can be found. Never give up, it can be a rewarding hobby. Good Luck! :icon_thumright:

Thank you! I appreciate the encouragement.
 
Thanks Robot, Sportsmanall, Imaudigger, and Mamucker! :icon_thumright:
I'll try to find a local expert that can maybe help.
Rockie
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom