Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I found this large pendant / brooch a couple of days ago at the site of an old house foundation deep in the woods and would like to know how old it may be and if possible where it may have been made. :dontknow:
I received an email from a man asking me to help him better understand his Teknetics 4000 detector. He had been detecting the stone foundation of an 1820 homestead in a heavily wooded area on his property, but had only been able to find square nails and a horseshoe. We proceeded to hike a mile into the dense woods behind his house to the stone foundation site. He told me that through his own research, he had found there had been farmhouse located here before 1820 and it was gone by 1900. The area was heavily forested and had a large swampy area close to it, consequently, swinging was a real challenge here.

Thanks,
Dave

PS. The Panama coin next to it for scale is the size of a quarter! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_2102.jpg
    IMG_2102.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2096.jpg
    IMG_2096.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 80
  • SDC10132.JPG
    SDC10132.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 89
  • SDC10216.JPG
    SDC10216.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 96
  • SDC10217.JPG
    SDC10217.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 92
So very nice of you to clean it for a better inspection. I've no clue other then some kind of button?. I can only think it's Jill coming in behind Jack before the accident on the hill. :dontknow:

Upvote 0
From looking at the back, the position of the broken off attachment bar leads me to believe it may be a civilian bridal rosette.

Upvote 0
So very nice of you to clean it for a better inspection. I've no clue other then some kind of button?. I can only think it's Jill coming in behind Jack before the accident on the hill. :dontknow:

Thanks for your post and your in put tamrock! :thumbsup:
Dave

From looking at the back, the position of the broken off attachment bar leads me to believe it may be a civilian bridal rosette.

That's great to hear duggap! :o
I was afraid this might just be some kids souvenir button from Jamaica! :laughing7:
But when I look more closely into the construction of this piece, it's actually very well made!

Thanks again,
Dave

Upvote 0
Hi there - Nice find! :icon_thumleft:

It shares the same design as this picture button I found in a book I have (The Complete Button Book, Albert/Kent)

20. Pierced and stamped brass, tinted, two piece. Rebecca at the Well. Various Sizes.

Attachments

• 042.JPG
    042.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 78
Upvote 0
Hi there - Nice find! :icon_thumleft:

It shares the same design as this picture button I found in a book I have (The Complete Button Book, Albert/Kent)

20. Pierced and stamped brass, tinted, two piece. Rebecca at the Well. Various Sizes.

Thank you so much for the information and the picture Bramblefind! :thumbsup:

It's always nicer when you have the 'full story' behind a find... I feel it makes it that much more special!

Dave

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back