Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok... Listen, I'm not one of those guys who goes off the deep end thinking of bigfoot and other critters who shouldn't be here around my area. But WE did hear this loud sound now twice within the last 6-7 days when somebody was outside. Who knows before or after...???

Ok... I got a really stupid question now. Does anybody know if armadillos "scream and yell" when attacked. I found 2 dead ones close to the house. I KNOW my dogs kill them but am wondering if they "scream" like rabbits or other animals...???? And even if they do my dogs would NOT leave the deck to engage which is really unusual.

Yes.. I really do need to get the game cams bought and mounted with bait... That would be really interesting. At this time though I'm still building Toy Boxes from Christmas orders and I'm buried in them. But I promise I will buy them and "see what we see". But anything close to the house (100-300 yds.) will only attract my dogs (6) I believe.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Old farm I rented, geez early eighties I came home in the wee hours to a most awful screaming out back . Sounded like a bloody murder stabbing taking too long!.
I had fox sets out and thought a cat was trapped so a ball bat was grabbed and sets checked but nothing in them. Yikes. Long walk back to the house with radar on full power....
Did see a black cat looking like a mountain lion that did not belong that following winter(?) when hunting. It was playing with something in a downed tree top. Someone must have released it, no house cat as it's tail alone was about three foot. Never confirmed what was making those awful screams though. The barn owl is closest if I had to guess at sound but loud and drawn out that night and kept on a goin.
Bob cat fight may have been a better possibility.

Some owls can scream pretty good too but a bobcat will raise your hair at night, especially one close scream..

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya'll got any badgers in your area? They some mean little devils, I could see a dog not wanting to tangle with them.

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
morrisons cove = smell our dairy air
Keep your bait high enough that the dogs can't reach it. It will be easier for them to eat at home. They will move on and forget about it. On the other hand, a wild animal, will spend lots of time trying to figure out how to get it.
We have had a family of screech (sp?) owls here the last few years and the dogs paid no attention to the wild noise they make.
Have the neighbors or locals heard or noticed anything? If you would hear it again, I would call the closest neighbor in that direction and let them listen for it. Even if they are a half mile away. See what they think or how their dogs react. Hopefully their little white Fluffy don't take off to attack it. Lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't have any neighbors closer than 1 mile or more as the "crow flies". That owl video above was close as was the mountain lion sound. We got bobcats around here also and I don't think the dogs will mess with them at all (and live). Had a pair of Rots years ago. Male and a female. They were gone for 3 days with only the female coming back all tore up badly. Vet said her chest, underside and face had claw scratches. Probably was a bobcat he said. Killed the male and injured the female.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had no idea Tennessee was so scary!

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can anybody recommend descent trail cams to purchase. I think I'll get 3 of them, mount some bait and see what we see...!!!?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread