What's new

Mystery Purse with lots of questions

longsocks

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2005
Messages
254
Reaction score
60
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin -south of milwaukee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 --- FISHER F - 70 Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I went down by Lake Michigan, to see what I could find. Still along the shore yet, there are huge piles of ice and snow, but just to the land side of them waves have washed over the top and washed the sand away, so it was about 1 to 2 feet below the regular level of the beach. Along the shore this cut out of the sand, and hopefull that since it was lots lower, than the sourounding beach that I might find some buried coins. I got a hit like a quarter, so I took my sand scoop and started to dig. About a foot down, I got some resistance and started to see something and the more i started to uncover it , first it went thru my head ooh a gym bag or something.,. Soon i had it uncovered it was a woman's purse, I had to use the scoop to chop off about a big heavy chunk of ice attached to it. The purse was zipped close and felt heavy i thought it was full of water so I unzipped it needless to say soon i could see it was full of items like any woman would have in her purse only , Here's the goofy thing THERE was a brick in the bottom of the purse and an nice purse at that.. there looks like something like long thin wallet type thing in there I pulled that out and unzipped that it was full of credit, atm, and other types of cards, drivers license etc . So at that point I proceeded to call the cops and waited for some one to come to the beach to get it. soon one cop came talked to me asked some questions, with in a few min another cop pulled up and said to the first cop.... is it xxxxxx purse and the first cop said yes.. the first cop said to me the brick was prolly in there to sink it in the lake so it would not be found... My feeling was first, if it was stolen why scrounge looking for a brick to put in there to sink it in the lake , if you ripped some one off most crooks grab the cash and just toss it in a garbage can on a corner or a dumpster ... and where I found it I dint think there would have been a loose brick to have put in the purse with in a mile of the beach ..next question in my mind a thousand people get mugged and lose wallets and purses , how come the second cop when he arrived had a clue who it belonged to already ??? didn't think a ripped off purse the name would have been on the tip of his tongue... I don't remember any murders or suicides in the last 6 months that jogged my mind.. Guess its a mystery for sure.. Anyhow if the person is alive I hope she gets her purse back , if not then i guess it added another piece to a puzzle..UPDATE below
 
Upvote 0
Yeah, if you remember the name google it or look in the local phone books.
 
defintely odd, probably hidden for evidence!!, maybe throw in there due to dna on it possibly, i would google her name and see if something comes up...gregg
 
UPDATE >>>>>> for the city I was in I looked in the phone book, and a name an addy came up, and when i googled the name, the same name and addy came up ... But when I ran the name thru that local newspaper doing a search I got no where .. My opinion is...>> if a mugger took the purse there are trash cans on business districts corners, there are dumpsters by business, there are alley ways with residential garbage cans or apartment dumpsters, or the plain ole street to toss the purse... why drive to the lake , why walk almost 2 city blocks to the waters edge and try to throw a brick laden purse as far into the lake as you could, when there were other places to dump it after you took what you wanted from it.. Mind you there were enough credit cards in there to choke a horse.. including a drivers license. and other items.. my feeling is its either hooked to a homicide or a kidnapping... the main tip of was when cop # 2 arrived and said is that xxxxx's purse and cop # 1 said yes... and when I called the police I had never had said a name from the purse, and cop #1 after he arrived never called into headquarters, so how did cop # 2 know the name when he arrived ?? this purse had been in the lake or the sand for some time as there was a 10 # block of ice attached to it, so I don't think it was something that was going on yesterday or today... end of thought.....
 
There's on ONE thing left to do!
One person to call......


-


-


-


-


-


-


-


9GgRcH3JClWuP5A9tD8nvQ51581
 
interesting story keep us posted
 
Five O did it! Lucky for you there was no arm attached to that thing! :o jgas
 
Id go to the cop shop and ask them to put you out of your misery. I reckon they will tell you if you ask.

My guess is they know someone took it and chucked it in the water, so it would not be found. So they have a guilty party who has confessed to dumping it. Now was it a simple theft, or more likely IMO linked to a murder or similar?
 
Hi, I thought I would throw this out there: Maybe she ran up a huge credit card bill( new flat screen, expensive electronics, etc. and put a brick in her purse and then tossed it in the lake and turned all the cards in stolen, that way if it was found there would be no evidence, it would look like a robber did it to get rid of it, and her cards would cover any "unauthorized" charges all the while she could keep the goods and not have to pay for them. just a thought. I have heard of people doing things like this. they buy a bunch of stuff on their credit cards, sell it for quick cash and turn the cards in as "stolen" if they have the right coverage, or protection, etc. they don't have to pay for a thing.
 
That's interesting :o Call Perry Mason ;D Maybe he can crack the case ::) At least you did the right thing
 
Hey, could you give us just a FIRST name.....that way your not divulging private info and we can try to do some sluthing!
 
Good one socks!

This is one story here that doesn't socks ::)

I'd say you're right on.

No mugger has enough ambition to go to that trouble. The typical mugger can just barely figure out how to open a can of beans.

The options here are many but it could be someone wanted the purse to be found eventually. Thus the brick swimming beach trick.

There's a strange psychological twist in murder cases where the perpetrator wants to be caught. This causes him to send notes to the police, etc. Nice world out there--eh?

Food for thought. Very interesting.

Badger
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom