What's new

Mystery Purse with lots of questions

longsocks

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2005
Messages
254
Reaction score
60
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin -south of milwaukee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 --- FISHER F - 70 Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I went down by Lake Michigan, to see what I could find. Still along the shore yet, there are huge piles of ice and snow, but just to the land side of them waves have washed over the top and washed the sand away, so it was about 1 to 2 feet below the regular level of the beach. Along the shore this cut out of the sand, and hopefull that since it was lots lower, than the sourounding beach that I might find some buried coins. I got a hit like a quarter, so I took my sand scoop and started to dig. About a foot down, I got some resistance and started to see something and the more i started to uncover it , first it went thru my head ooh a gym bag or something.,. Soon i had it uncovered it was a woman's purse, I had to use the scoop to chop off about a big heavy chunk of ice attached to it. The purse was zipped close and felt heavy i thought it was full of water so I unzipped it needless to say soon i could see it was full of items like any woman would have in her purse only , Here's the goofy thing THERE was a brick in the bottom of the purse and an nice purse at that.. there looks like something like long thin wallet type thing in there I pulled that out and unzipped that it was full of credit, atm, and other types of cards, drivers license etc . So at that point I proceeded to call the cops and waited for some one to come to the beach to get it. soon one cop came talked to me asked some questions, with in a few min another cop pulled up and said to the first cop.... is it xxxxxx purse and the first cop said yes.. the first cop said to me the brick was prolly in there to sink it in the lake so it would not be found... My feeling was first, if it was stolen why scrounge looking for a brick to put in there to sink it in the lake , if you ripped some one off most crooks grab the cash and just toss it in a garbage can on a corner or a dumpster ... and where I found it I dint think there would have been a loose brick to have put in the purse with in a mile of the beach ..next question in my mind a thousand people get mugged and lose wallets and purses , how come the second cop when he arrived had a clue who it belonged to already ??? didn't think a ripped off purse the name would have been on the tip of his tongue... I don't remember any murders or suicides in the last 6 months that jogged my mind.. Guess its a mystery for sure.. Anyhow if the person is alive I hope she gets her purse back , if not then i guess it added another piece to a puzzle..UPDATE below
 
Upvote 0
did you keep the name?

look in phone book

cool find

and a great deed
 
had my house broken into 2 years ago,the theif left fingerprints and blood,the cops said it would take at least 13 months to find out anything and thats just IF he or she had priors..........when he told me that i said "man that CSI shows is full of $hit"he looke d and said"yup"......................never found the guy
 
This is the Ending --- to Mystery Purse with lots of questions

Today I stopped a police car explained the story about the purse, and asked what was the result if they could find out for me... The two officers called headquarters and gave the information and woman's name and when the call was over the officer said the purse, now had been returned to the woman who owned it.. So with that said i guess we can close out this mystery and say great, the woman got her purse back all is well ...... Sure was fun speculating what had happened ...
HH Paul
 
Final ending is in post above ... all's well that ended well .......
 
Re: This is the Ending --- to Mystery Purse with lots of questions

So what really happened? Was it stolen? Did she do it? Or wouldn't they tell you?
 
Re: This is the Ending --- to Mystery Purse with lots of questions

glad it had a happy ending,HH....Lee
 
Re: This is the Ending --- to Mystery Purse with lots of questions

That still doesn't explain how the 2nd cop knew who's purse it was out of the hundreds or thousands of purses stolen/lost each year....
 
glad the woman was a live and well to get her purse back, still baffles me how it got there with everything in it.

Perhaps she was spending too much money and her husband got fed up, put a brick in it and chunked it. lol my husband might consider that for a moment then he would realize if he did, I would tie a brick to him and chunk him in after it. ;D
 
txkickergirl said:
glad the woman was a live and well to get her purse back, still baffles me how it got there with everything in it.

Perhaps she was spending too much money and her husband got fed up, put a brick in it and chunked it. lol my husband might consider that for a moment then he would realize if he did, I would tie a brick to him and chunk him in after it. ;D

mean little dickens are you ?

lol
 
What a Great Post............... Is the mystery really solved............. a phone call to the woman might open another chapter?

John
 
creeper71 said:
That still doesn't explain how the 2nd cop knew who's purse it was out of the hundreds or thousands of purses stolen/lost each year....

I totally agree......he was too quick to ID the purse.......unless he has a list in his car and he picks the next name on the list every time a purse is found and he got lucky matching them
 
Welp pretty soon the cops and the mob will be after you, you know to much :D Glad to hear it got returned

Cw
 
I read all these posts about the purse and that is the best ending you can come up with? Very disappointed and unsatisfied by the expalnation, Use some imagination and lie to keep the readers happy. No happy endings here?

Dave
 
Im thinking probaly a suicide or a murder The cops knew somthing of the ID on the person Might look back in the papers a name search on google would bring up the obituaries.
 
A very interesting story

Happy Hunting,

Dugholes
 
drodda777 said:
I read all these posts about the purse and that is the best ending you can come up with? Very disappointed and unsatisfied by the explanation, Use some imagination and lie to keep the readers happy. No happy endings here?

Dave

Don't know if you are being serious or not :icon_scratch: but most of us here, like to tell the truth it keeps MDers in good standing and just makes a happier ending like that :thumbsup:

Cw
 
That day I talked to the cops and they called headquarters, and the one cop in the car was being told what ever, and when he ended the call, that is what he told me was, she got her purse returned to her.. After that he said bye and rolled up his window and the two of them drove off.. I found the woman's name and addy in the phone book, but if she got her purse back I'm sure she could have asked who found it and where.. So if she did and had my name and addy, she hasn't made contact or doesn't care who found it .. I just didn't want to call her, might freek her out and or open another bag of worms.. I'm glad she got it back ..so that's where the story has to end, since I don't know any more...It was unsettling that day I found it, to have to give the cops my name and address.. All I did was uncover it from the sand and did the right thing, and called them, and then I become instantly involved with having to give my info. and for what ?
HH all
Paul
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom