What's new

Nailed a bucket lister?

cascadianshadow

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2016
Messages
27
Reaction score
116
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Managed to sqeeze in an hour long hunt yesterday at the beach with Deershed (My Dad). Temps were around 100°f, so it made for a roast toasty session. As usual, I wasn't finding much from the start but I wasn't going to let that slow me down. A penny here, a nickle there and some foil and pull tabs. Nothing too exciting, so I kept on going. All the sudden my machine goes crazy on a shallow 60-63. Signals like this seem to be few and far between so I usually get a little excited when I do come across one. Instead of jumping to my scoop to locate this particular target, I swiped the sand with my foot since the target was shallow. One swipe, nothing. Second swipe, ahhh! I see what looks like a gold band. I then scooped it up, took a brief look at it and dropped it into my pouch. We were already headed back to our vehicle so I decided id just check it out then. Once we got back, It was a little easier to see what I had. Turns out, the band is 14k. But, theres a coin mounted in the face of it. One I've never seen before, I first thought it was a silver 1/10th oz Eagle. WRONGGG!!! Its better! Its a Platinum 1/10th oz coin!!! Im beyond flabbergasted. Never in a million years did I expect a find like this. Let alone finding two gold rings while on vacation.
 

Attachments

  • 1467984065780.webp
    1467984065780.webp
    220.6 KB · Views: 208
  • 1467984929812.webp
    1467984929812.webp
    33.9 KB · Views: 228
Upvote 68
Wow, what a way to top off a vacation. Platimum coin...hadn't even thought of that being a possible find. Way to get that coil over the right spot!
 
WoW! That ring is huge, congrats on the save!
 
So you got out with the "old man" (he always refers to you as "the boy") :laughing7:
That is an amazing ring! Just goes to show, life's a beach, and you were on the right one!
 
Well, you nailed that bucket so hard, it won't be repaired anytime soon.

WTG!
 
Dang man, you housed DS! Beautiful find. Good to see you posting - you're dad is always telling us about your finds. Keep it up man!
 
Dang man, you housed DS! Beautiful find. Good to see you posting - you're dad is always telling us about your finds. Keep it up man!

Hey,I did find what looks like a silver wedding band? Lol
 
Fantastic beach hunt find! Congratualtions! :occasion14:
 
Thats quite the find!
Congrats on one awesome gold/platt ring!
 
That's awesome congrats
 
The owner of that ring must really miss it. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
 
Man that's a crazy awesome ring! Congrats on a double whammy find!
 
That an amazing ring! Can't say I have ever seen such a thing! Big congrats to you.
 
Hi; That is Awesome.!!! Gold & PLATINUM all in one ring. Congrats. PEACE:RONB
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom