What's new

Nasty tourists

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2013
Messages
1,136
Reaction score
818
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live near ocean city Maryland and I know the town is a tourist hotspot but I wouldn't do what these ppl do. I'm into a 2 hour quick beach hunt and all I find are these stupid Capri sun juice packs and one jackass had the nerve to bury their complete load of trash not twenty feet from a trashcan and my ATP is telling me something is there. I'm right on the cut so I'm getting chatter so I decide to dig and dog and dig...a foot down its trash dump time. Who does this crap? How would they feel of someone did that in their neighborhood, be some serious crying for sure. The whole area was like this, I called it short, packed up with $3+ in clad and let the trash throw their trash.



Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
 
Upvote 0
Samething here in Jersey which I always felt was a product of having to purchase a beach tag to get on the beach. They want to get their moneys worth.
 
here we get the buried beer cans. One would think they would be lighter to carry out than to carry on the beach, but alas (always wanted to use that word), laziness knows no bounds.

It's the diapers that really tick me off though.
 
The trash issue is getting worse on my area beaches...been a rising issue all year. Over the 4th they actually had cleanup crews walking the beach with trash bags and that addition is suspected to continue as needed now......also considering raising the fees. My take on it - "start writing those tickets and pushing the fines that are already in place".....but, I guess they don't want to intimidate the "new" clientele that much. :dontknow:
 
Our turtle patrol is now picking up trash. Here its more the local slobs than tourist. I hear you on the diapers..... thats just disgusting. We do have an employee who pick up one of our local beach. I talked to him and he said if i would pop the cans out he would pick them up for recycle. So im serving dual purpose. Summer time BS..... guess who's not in school and cant quite make it to the trash can?

Dew
 
Here in FL. I call them Turtle People because they dig a hole like a Sea Turtle and bury beer cans!!
 
I am also disturbed by people leaving their trash, didn't know they would bury it on the beach tho. Building their own landfill, or ashamed of their actions? I would think it would take less time and effort to just bag it up and haul,it away?

Different situation but similar; I am sitting in a shopping center parking lot waiting in the van with the grand kids, nothing to do but "people watch" A little old lady, parked 7 or 8 spots away from cart corall empties her cart and of course parks it where it belongs. :hello2: 30 something person 2 spots away from cart corall, unloads his large load 4 wheeled flat cart and proceeds to move it only far enough away from his truck so he doesn't run over it! :dontknow:Suppose he was too tired after unloading the items to walk the extra 15 steps? Just my observations but similar scenarios. BTW there were very few people who returned the cart.
 
I seen everything from Diapers to digging up full beer's someone buried to hide them so they could drink later.
Pretty sad people are that lazy to take their trash to the dumpster.
 
When the gulls find a loaded diaper it's the biggest frenzy and buffet on the beach!!!!!!!! This is why I wear dive boots with a hard sole.
 
People are pigs. Most of them are the younger crowd, around here anyway.
 
From what I've seen, it's not the tourist, but rather it's the fairly localized weekend and summer traffic. The economy has changed in such a way that many beaches are seeing certain adjustments and it's not all that favorable in many locations, especially at a lot of the easier to access locations/destinations. On my area beaches there is an obvious absence of the usual adult middle class that use to represent the vast majority.
 
Do yourself a favor. Unless you like diggin beer cans...hover coil up about 4 to 6 inches...if your machine is still goin crazy...prolly large metal object, or junk.

Could be gold watch or rolex overloading machine too...but I dun bother with signals like that. There is nothing more infuriating then diggin up a beer can an burning 1000 calories to do it...lol hh an gl -Joe

I live near ocean city Maryland and I know the town is a tourist hotspot but I wouldn't do what these ppl do. I'm into a 2 hour quick beach hunt and all I find are these stupid Capri sun juice packs and one jackass had the nerve to bury their complete load of trash not twenty feet from a trashcan and my ATP is telling me something is there. I'm right on the cut so I'm getting chatter so I decide to dig and dog and dig...a foot down its trash dump time. Who does this crap? How would they feel of someone did that in their neighborhood, be some serious crying for sure. The whole area was like this, I called it short, packed up with $3+ in clad and let the trash throw their trash.



Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
 
my beaches are cleaned every day by machine so they take top stuff away but stuff 2 inches down is still there found a bag full of beer cans 4 inches deep i knew it was a big target but i wanted it off my beach.i ran across my beach patrol and they where very pleased to see 5 people with M D emptying out there bags of trash one said we are glad you guys come down and help then asked if we found anything good lol.
 
It's not just the tourist. The locals are just as bad no matter where you live.
 
People come to the beaches because they are so nice and then they completely trash them. Don't they get it?? makes me sick
 
bigscoop said it for me ,its getting worse...reminds of a movie people in the future who are idiots that live in trash.....the Keys have a 106 miles of road trash its everywere after this weekend very sad indeed the reefs get hammered also..
 
I actually dug an entire 6 pack buried with precision! I knew the signal was to big and long, but I cant help it.......MUST DIG!!!

BS knows that after sunday afternoon it is a shame! I did see the police handing out tickets today and in one case a young lady carried several cans and trash to the can. <underage> dunno!
 
It's not just the tourist. The locals are just as bad no matter where you live.

You Ain't seen nothing until you visit Santa Monica beach and pier in California. They dont clean the beach and its loaded and stinks of garbage. The locals just kick a spot clean enough to lay their towel down and live with it. From a distance it looks great with landscaping,park benches and restrooms etc. Up close the benches are all taken up with homeless bums and you cant even get into the restrooms because the same bums are sleeping on the floor as well as in the stalls. I stopped by while on a layover with my wife and mother in law and there was men sleeping in the stalls of the ladies restroom. We stopped a police officer and were told that they cant roust them out because its against the law in California to disturb them. While in training I was told when they were filming Baywatch that they used the beach next to the waste treatment plant for beach scenes because it was spotless but the water was toxic. the water scenes were filmed further up the coast. As far as good looking girls there were more whales than babes. From the three times Ive been to California I will take the east coast beaches anytime. PS: Hollywood is a Ghetto nothing but T=shirt and junk shops nothing like you see on TV. When the sun goes down lookout.
 
Remember Under age Drinking, Or On Most Beaches are Not Allowed So They Dig A Pit Then Throw In The Empties!! if The PoPo Come Buy They Just Kick sand Over the Empties No Problem !!! Chug
 
My Uncle who was a social worker in New York always said we needed a plague. Mother Ocean throws up every tide.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom