✅ SOLVED Native American Clay pitcher possibly?

Intuitis

Tenderfoot
Jun 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First i would like to say that i am excited to be a new member of this community and i look forward to seeing some amazing pieces, and i freely offer any knowledge that i might have on certain subjects. I will keep browsing the forums for anywhere that i can help

This piece seems to be a whiter beige color type clay pigmented brown, looks terra cotta. Whatever paint it once had is faded, Inside the spout seems to be shades of green pigment where the brown and black faded. All over the piece there are bits of black pigment. At the handle bits of black and red/orange there are also some tiny bits at the bottom of some red pigment, near the top of the spout there seems to be a shape which resembles a whale, and near the bottom seems to be a primitive shape of a crescent moon. I do not know if i should try cleaning it as it is really dirty. When it comes to the overall shape the best thing i could match it up to was a native american piece. IMAG0261.jpg IMAG0262.jpg IMAG0263.jpg IMAG0264.jpg IMAG0267.jpg IMAG0268.jpg IMAG0269.jpg IMAG0278.jpg

SOLVED:
Turns out it is Mediterrean in Greece or perhaps Cypriot Red Ware.
Had it looked at by a expert turns out its dated at 1000-1500bc Valued at $100-200
check out the valuation:
https://www.valuemystuff.com/us/item-page?id=5595cdc885a307199c67107c
Also if anyone is interested it will be up for auction, ill discount shipping by 50% for any member of this forum. =)

Last edited:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CLAY OR PORCELAIN WHATEVER. DAGONE I SURE LIKE IT NO MATTER WHAT IT IS MADE OF.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
I

Intuitis

Tenderfoot
Jun 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The base spherical shape i would say is a bit bigger than a baby's head, but are we talking a new baby or a 6 month old?. lol ill measure it later, when i am back on duty. At the time i had forgot to bring a measuring tape to the office.

Upvote 0

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would recomend researching greek oil ewers as well

3265-100624-25.jpg ... 148.jpg ...the shape ranges from bc to last weeks pottery class.widely distributed styling

Upvote 0
OP
OP
I

Intuitis

Tenderfoot
Jun 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your almost right on the money Bigfoot! =D. Good Guess

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions