What's new

Native American Net weight

wmbosmer

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jun 2, 2014
Messages
6
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Central Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was fishing on the river and found this looking up at me. I believe that it is a net weight used by Native Americans to hold down the nets. Sorry the scans are dark, that is as flat as I could get them.
 

Attachments

  • n w back 001.webp
    n w back 001.webp
    35 KB · Views: 145
  • net weight 001.webp
    net weight 001.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks more like a large bead or a small pendant to me. I'm not sure what it is, other than cool!! Nice find!!!!
 
Welcome to the site but I believe it is natural.
 
looks like a dropped pretzel
 
most the net weights I see are chipped or grooved, not holed.
 
Not sure what it is but I would have brought it home also:thumbsup:
 
I believe it would be classified as a hag stone
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom