What's new

Near Fremont Pass

rginn

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
9,220
Reaction score
13,578
Golden Thread
0
Location
Summit County, CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Camped here again this week and the futon frame was still there. Climbed up the hill and hiked along what I figure is an old railroad spur line, as a lot of work went into putting it up. Too wide for narrow gauge, and it ends at a mine site. Always interesting to check out the stores in Leadville. A little fall color showing up, and it was a little cool this a.m.
 

Attachments

  • 8-27b.webp
    8-27b.webp
    120.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 8-27c.webp
    8-27c.webp
    182.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 8-27d.webp
    8-27d.webp
    152.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 8-28a.webp
    8-28a.webp
    93 KB · Views: 104
  • 8-29a.webp
    8-29a.webp
    36.5 KB · Views: 89
I went over Fremont about 3 in the afternoon yesterday. Indeed the fall colors are beginning. I was down at a place called Parkdale which is up river from Canon City. Pretty nice day it was up in the high country and it seemed there was a reduction in traffic some also.
 
Nice photos, thank you! :icon_thumleft:
 
Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing.
 
Beautiful scenery. The leaves are falling here due to lack of rain. Will have to see whats left for fall colors. Back in the day I would have collected those bags.
 
Nice pics. Thanks.:icon_thumright:
 
Nice pics RGINN. Can I pick up a 50 kilo bag of that stuff in Humboldt County? 50 kilos...I think that would just about do it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom