Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My one spot in Virginia was settled in the 1660's by European settlers. That said, the one rise above a spring would have been a fairly good lookout spot for native Americans. The host rock is limestone in the Shenandoah Valley. That said, there was a ca 1850 house there that burned down in 1863 or 4. I found a shale/schist broken Indian gorget on the top of the hill. No points. So...I found these three beads there. I found these over the spring. Plz take a look.

IMG_2920.JPG IMG_2921.JPG IMG_2922.JPG

They are apparently of European manufacture and are glass. The first one is clear and has wear near each hole, showing long use and the glass has somewhat frosted. The second is a very, very dark color. Sometimes it seems to be black and iridescent and other times dark green, depending on the lighting. The third is definitely green. They are about 3/8" in diameter.

The question is, are they trade beads or did they belong to the lady of the house? Thanks for looking.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Venetian glass has been around for centuries as has the Bohemian glass. These were apparently European made.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread