What's new

Neck Stock??

cannonball

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2010
Messages
915
Reaction score
4,783
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Maybe some of you relic hunters here could tell me if this is half of a neck stock. I found this the other day at a new site that seems be early 1700's. Vent backs,pewter and early coins ect. I don't know much about neck stocks so any help would be appreciated.. Thx:notworthy:
 

Attachments

  • neck stock.webp
    neck stock.webp
    258.9 KB · Views: 101
I don't know. but Awesome finds !!
 
Upvote 0
I did some online research and found the pics below that somewhat resemble what you found.
Interesting decorations near the trigger guard and the ramrod holder too.
We need someone who knows flintlock muskets better than I do to chime in here. :thumbsup:


Great looking coin finds,
Dave
 

Attachments

  • berleur canon tromblonne autor collectorsfirearms-11.webp
    berleur canon tromblonne autor collectorsfirearms-11.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 77
  • Gents58RifleTopWrist1.gif
    Gents58RifleTopWrist1.gif
    142.2 KB · Views: 66
  • large-ottoman-flintlock-pistol-c-1750-1800-european-firearms-weapons-product-faganarms_793.webp
    large-ottoman-flintlock-pistol-c-1750-1800-european-firearms-weapons-product-faganarms_793.webp
    40.6 KB · Views: 67
  • e10da2d2001a338b155e84d1fae8798c.webp
    e10da2d2001a338b155e84d1fae8798c.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Upvote 0
When you look at the relic you found close-up, it almost looks too crude to have come from a musket. :icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • neck stock-crop.webp
    neck stock-crop.webp
    83.7 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 0
That would be cool if it was
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom