What's new

Necklace?

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
I found this in an old field dating back to early 1700's. It seems like there was a piece of rope or string to it. Anyone have any idea what this is? Is is iron?
Ty
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0300.webp
    IMG_0300.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_0301.webp
    IMG_0301.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0302.webp
    IMG_0302.webp
    10.3 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0303.webp
    IMG_0303.webp
    13 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_0304.webp
    IMG_0304.webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 225
Garibaldi, you might have to send a note to Don to discover the post, but he did a wonderful high reolution picture of the rare case of some surviving thread on an early button after he treated the thread in peroxide. It was amazing, and showed the unique (and datable) weave, the type of fiber, etc. . That might be a fun project to help determine the age of this ring.
 
Upvote 0
Johnny,
Who is Don?
 
Upvote 0
Garibaldi, I'm sorry I don't know how to link it up for you; Don goes by the monicker Don in S. Jersey and his picture I.D. is a button. If you go through a few dozen posts concerning mostly colonial things you'll find his posts there.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom