Need a bit of help in Alabama, calling TAKODA

cmattdvc

Greenie
Mar 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We've been going to the Alabama Gold Camp for the last several months, a total of around 10-11 times. Can't say enough good things about the people there.

I am looking for a place that I can take my 14y/o son out to do a little prospecting on our own.
I feel like we have a good grasp on running the sluice and the pans, and its time to try to find a place that we can do a little looking around.

We live in NE Alabama so just about anywhere in this end of the "Gold Sock" will work. I've purchased a "gold map" and studied it for hours on ends, but am still really clueless on where to start at.

Thank you to anybody who takes time to help.

Matt

Upvote 0

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Matt
Look at agc for a book called Alabama gold it's nothing more than a old survey but it will show you where most of the gold camps were and what type of rock they found it in ect a lot of good info about Alabamas gold ,another good place to look is mine cache it's a program you can use with google earth and it will show you were all the differt mines were on a map ... It's also free for the first month...
I. Dredge down by the Alabama gold camp about 30 min from there and there are numerous places nice creeks ect.
Just keep in mind most of these creeks are on private property ! And folks down there will shoot you if they catch you on there property without permission and that's no joke they are old school down that way .. There are some areas you can go that are public access.. But you will need to kayak down rivers ect and some time this summer when we r back down there I could show ya some areas . I don't know the road names just know how to get there...also could take you and your son dredging if you would like , this is what my son and I do ... We go some in the winter .but it's not the time of the year to learn to dredge . In the winter diving gear is a must and the water flow can be dangerous at times .. I'll send ya a pm with contact info ...

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sire looks like you have been offered some friendly help and good advice. I have not seen Takoda in a while he is a busy working man. I am on the Ga/tn borders and have my pans and tools ready to do some hunting myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread