What's new

Need a little buckle ID help

Pinball

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2014
Messages
287
Reaction score
329
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found the first buckle in the pictures today and wanted to see if anyone had an idea of its age and use. I found the other two this past year and figured while getting an ID on one I might as well ask for an ID on the others. I think I could hear the fat lady starting to sing while I was out this morning as it was COLD. Maybe after the holidays I will be able to get out again but I am not going to be holding my breath :) Thanks for the help and be safe over the holidays.
 

Attachments

  • bu1.webp
    bu1.webp
    42.1 KB · Views: 132
  • bu2.webp
    bu2.webp
    38.6 KB · Views: 98
  • bu3.webp
    bu3.webp
    42.8 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 4
If you were hunting a field or older homestead, they look like your typical harness buckles. If you were in a yard, they could also be a generic belt buckle. They had a dual use back in the day. Not fancy, just practical.
 
All horse harness buckles, circa late 19th C - early 20th C.
 
Thanks for the info on the buckles.Yes they were found in what would have been a field a hundred years ago. I am starting to like finding items like this as much my coins. Thanks again for the help
 
That happens. I am the same way now. I used to consider myself a coin shooter. Now years later, I am really liking & appreciating the relics I find. They also display very nice.
Thanks for the info on the buckles.Yes they were found in what would have been a field a hundred years ago. I am starting to like finding items like this as much my coins. Thanks again for the help
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom