Need a little buckle ID help

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found the first buckle in the pictures today and wanted to see if anyone had an idea of its age and use. I found the other two this past year and figured while getting an ID on one I might as well ask for an ID on the others. I think I could hear the fat lady starting to sing while I was out this morning as it was COLD. Maybe after the holidays I will be able to get out again but I am not going to be holding my breath :) Thanks for the help and be safe over the holidays.

Attachments

• bu1.jpg
    bu1.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 93
  • bu2.jpg
    bu2.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 78
  • bu3.jpg
    bu3.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 2

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you were hunting a field or older homestead, they look like your typical harness buckles. If you were in a yard, they could also be a generic belt buckle. They had a dual use back in the day. Not fancy, just practical.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All horse harness buckles, circa late 19th C - early 20th C.

OP
OP
Pinball

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info on the buckles.Yes they were found in what would have been a field a hundred years ago. I am starting to like finding items like this as much my coins. Thanks again for the help

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That happens. I am the same way now. I used to consider myself a coin shooter. Now years later, I am really liking & appreciating the relics I find. They also display very nice.
Thanks for the info on the buckles.Yes they were found in what would have been a field a hundred years ago. I am starting to like finding items like this as much my coins. Thanks again for the help

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread