Need Advice on Tesoros to purchase

Gunslinger

Tenderfoot
Aug 8, 2011
Central Georgia
Need Advice on Tesoro's to purchase

Howdy all!

1st let me say what a great site and very knowledgeable folks. :icon_thumleft:, Anyway I have decided to buy an SS for fresh & salt water hunting, I'm stuck between the compadre and silver umax for coin/jewelry, but will mainly be using one of them for relic hunting. Being in Georgia, I have many a places to hunt for relics any input on which would be the better of the two would be greatly appreciated.

Thx's!

rey914v8

Mar 25, 2011
Silicon Valley
Detector(s) used
Silver umax + 12x10
Re: Need Advice on Tesoro's to purchase

Hi Gunslinger,

I just bought a Vaquero, so I have a Silver umax with a extra coil 10x12. that I will be selling. Are you interested? plus it come with a centek pointer,and digger.

for jewelery and relics, Tejano or Vaquero,

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Gunslinger,

If you plan on doing more relic hunting than coin/jewelry hunting, then of the two you listed I would get the Silver uMax with the 12x10 coil. It will be an excellent, deep seeking machine that will really impress you. Use the stock coil for your coin and jewelry hunting. The Silver uMax isn't as tuned to really small gold like the Compadre is, but as long as you keep your discrimination just about IRON, you won;t lose very much at all. :icon_thumleft:

If you want the best relic hunter Tesoro makes, that would be the Tejon, no question. But that uMax with the 12x10 coil comes in a very respectable second place.

OP
OP
G

Gunslinger

Tenderfoot
Aug 8, 2011
Central Georgia

Thanks for the response guys, Rey what are you asking for the setup? PM me if ya like. Smudge thank you for the advice as well, I like the fact it is a resonably priced MD, but have read so many more good reviews on the compadre that is one little impressive MD for that price point. I suppose I could get lucky and find a used umax and get a new compadre as well and be set for whatever arena I'm in at the time.

I have to figure out to explain it to the boss (wife)..lol..i just picked up a new 300 WSM for deer season, between fishing, hunting, panning and now getting back into MD'ing..lol, I will here the you spend to much time with your toys and not enough with me or vise versa..:(, it like a never ending story..lol..

Anyway thank you again, and will let ya all know what I get..

GS HH

rey914v8

Mar 25, 2011
Silicon Valley
Detector(s) used
Silver umax + 12x10

Hi Gunslinger,

$250.00 for the silver umax + 10x12 coil and pin pointer +diggin trowle. shipped

OP
OP
G

Gunslinger

Tenderfoot
Aug 8, 2011
Central Georgia

rey914v8 said:
Hi Gunslinger,

$250.00 for the silver umax + 10x12 coil and pin pointer +diggin trowle. shipped

Thats not a bad deal Rey and I appreciate the offer, but I have already ordered my TSS. It will be another month or so before I have enough funds to pick up a 2nd one. I have no doubt you will be able to sell it, but when I get ready to buy the next one, I will check and see if you still have it.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread