What's new

Need an Opinion -- Ground Stone?

MarkDz

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
336
Reaction score
80
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver UMax
I found this stone in PA, on a riverbank in an area with lots of Native American activity. I think the groove looks like it may be human-made, but other aspects of this (the odd shape of the rock and the partial and misaligned groove on the opposite side) make me think it's just a really odd "geofact."
I'd appreciate any opinions, good or bad. :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • S4010007.webp
    S4010007.webp
    152.4 KB · Views: 154
  • S4010008.webp
    S4010008.webp
    142.7 KB · Views: 134
  • S4010009.webp
    S4010009.webp
    137.4 KB · Views: 141
  • S4010010.webp
    S4010010.webp
    131.5 KB · Views: 140
  • S4010011.webp
    S4010011.webp
    88.8 KB · Views: 133
  • S4010012.webp
    S4010012.webp
    91.6 KB · Views: 135
  • S4010013.webp
    S4010013.webp
    103 KB · Views: 127
Upvote 0
Looks like a naturally weathered rock.
 
Thanks, Old Digger... You're probably right.
 
If they had found it they probably would of used it. Would of made a good net weight but I would guess they would of grooved the other side to secure it better.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom