springsnrings

Apr 24, 2013
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright,so I found this brass button and unfortunately,the back mark is pretty worn and I can't really make out much on it. After looking it at for a while,I can make out certain letters that look something like (reading left to right on the button) maybe "WES_WIRE" or something near that. It's really hard to tell what are letters and what's scratches really and I don't have 20/20 vision either so,I may be way off. LOL Plus,it's very hard to even really see it in the pictures I have. :( Anyway,I noticed that the design around the center looks a lot like one I've seen on a Young Smith variety and I was assuming that it was probably a civilian button from around the Civil War era since the place I found it was close by to where I found some other Civil era stuff. The other buttons look like maybe a Civil flat button (I'm still working on getting some of the patina off of the back),a small 2 piece loop shank that's missing the front,and a one hole button,I think? I was just looking to see if anyone knew anything about any of these buttons or a rough guess at what time period they could have came from. Many thanks as it would help my hunt out greatly. :) The brass button is around the size of a quarter or bigger. Thanks in advance,treasure hunters and happy hunting... Buttons.JPG Flat Button 1.JPG Flat Button 2.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread