What's new

Need help finding more info on 6" JFK Plate

stecordbz

Greenie
Joined
Dec 18, 2006
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Need help finding more info on 6" JFK Plate

Hello, I have in my possession, an approximately 6" commemorative plate. I have been all over the net and cannot find any info as to origin or anything. The artist listed on front shows Ashley R. Bond, and the mark in back shows Mac Art i believe out of Fredericksburg Tx. I have done numerous searches and cant find anything. Trying to determine if real or fake or reproduction. It was passed from my grandmother to my aunt and now i have it. Not sure as to age. Trying to find out as much info as possible. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
 

Attachments

  • name_close.webp
    name_close.webp
    11.2 KB · Views: 368
  • plate_back.webp
    plate_back.webp
    5.4 KB · Views: 372
  • plate_front.webp
    plate_front.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 377
Re: Need help finding more info on 6" JFK Plate

I cant find anything online either but my guess is its a real plate because it seems to have little value although it is nice. I agree 1963-65.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Need help finding more info on 6" JFK Plate

This is very strange to me. Nothing online. I cant find that artist, I cant find anything on that company in fredericksburg, i would figure someone would find something. I mean its JFK, so much commemorative items around, but nothing even resembling this item? :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Need help finding more info on 6" JFK Plate

You may wish to contact the Mac Art group at (toll free) 877-233-8228 or via their website: http://macfineartgallery.com/contact.html
to determine if this is the company who made the plate.
Don.........
 
Upvote 0
Re: Need help finding more info on 6" JFK Plate

Mackaydon said:
You may wish to contact the Mac Art group at (toll free) 877-233-8228 or via their website: http://macfineartgallery.com/contact.html
to determine if this is the company who made the plate.
Don.........
The Mac Art Group and Mac Fine Art Gallery is located here in Fort Lauderdale and I dont think they have any connection to the 60's Mac Art company of Texas. I found many Art companies with the Mac name whilst googling.

Its odd that nothing comes up online because I seem to recall the Mac Art palate logo.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Need help finding more info on 6" JFK Plate

My understanding is that MacArt is in Dania Beach, Florida--today. They opened that shop in 1997. During the 80s they were in Malibu, Ca. I wonder where they were when this plate we believe was made--in the mid-60s.
BTW, "Mac" stands for Mary Ann Cohen, the owner of the company.
Don........
 
Upvote 0
Re: Need help finding more info on 6" JFK Plate

Mackaydon said:
My understanding is that MacArt is in Dania Beach, Florida--today. They opened that shop in 1997. During the 80s they were in Malibu, Ca. I wonder where they were when this plate we believe was made--in the mid-60s.
BTW, "Mac" stands for Mary Ann Cohen, the owner of the company.
Don........
Ok. If there is one in Dania, there is another on Las Olas here in Fort Lauderdale. http://macfineartgallery.com/index.html
All I know when I googled Mac Art, I got more than a few different companies with the same name; none with any connection to Texas, plates, or the 60's.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom