What's new

Need help getting a salt water detector

smokeythecat

Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2012
Messages
20,926
Reaction score
41,158
Golden Thread
10
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
10
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will be working shallow salt water, less than 4' deep. Don't want to go berserk on the price. Suggestions?
 
Look for something like the Fisher CZ3d @ $808.00, for low end Multi-Freq, the Tesoro Sand Shark ($600.00). or Whites Dual Field ($800.00) for pulse induction.
 
Well, I have used Garrett for years and years. I reached out to someone who does scuba, snorkeling, and wades in salt water He could write a book on his 20 plus years of surf hunting. His finds have paid for his machines many times over. He recommended the Excalibur. You can get a new one for around $1,200.oo ,,new. My first Excalibur paid for itself in 2 seasons.
Salt water has no negative effect on this machine and it is submersible to 200 feet. Using it as a belt mounted unit,, it is weightless.
JMHO
 
Last edited:
My $300 Tesoro Cibola works very well in salt and discriminates, but I don't want to drop it and ruin it. I do not want a pulse induction machine due to trash at modern beaches. Had a sand shark, was way too heavy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom