What's new

Need help identifying an old gun

jml818

Full Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2016
Messages
118
Reaction score
459
Golden Thread
0
Location
Philadelphia, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been digging around old pile of rocks surrounded by lots disheveled stone walls. As seen in picture been finding some old crusty things but have never found a gun part. Its heavy iron and would love to know more about it, if somebody here knows. Not much to go on i know.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2266.webp
    IMG_2266.webp
    280 KB · Views: 179
I'm not seeing a gun.
Some old stuff though!
 
Upvote 0
I don't see any gun parts, but I do see a Civil War knapsack J hook.

D.
 
Upvote 0
Yeah, I don’t see any gun part either
 
Upvote 0
I think he's referring to the iron object...looks like a barrel to me!

I have no idea on the gun but I would be dropping that in some Apple Cider Vinegar for a couple months to get rid of the rust. May even bring out more details under the corrosion. Looks like you have a hotspot there with all the buttons and relics!
 
Upvote 0
I think he's referring to the iron object...looks like a barrel to me!

I have no idea on the gun but I would be dropping that in some Apple Cider Vinegar for a couple months to get rid of the rust. May even bring out more details under the corrosion. Looks like you have a hotspot there with all the buttons and relics!

That piece, when enlarged, looks flat and solid... not seeing the gun barrel.
 
Upvote 0
the more I look at that large rusty piece the more it looks like a pittman arm end from a sickle bar mower.
 
Upvote 0
Not a barrel or any gun part-looks like possibly some sort handle.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom