2B30FA0F-5068-4489-86E5-35AF9F11EF34.jpeg
    756.4 KB · Views: 112

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I am reading an official effigy is the size of a person or a boulder. Bird Stones, however, were carved at sizes of 6" or less by Native Americans.

It looks to me like you are shoeing a grey stone object and a second reddish possible Bird Stone. I doubt anyone using this forum is going to be a real expert. You might consider contacting a college professor who specializes in Native American culture that might help getting more info.

Upvote 0

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
From what I am reading an official effigy is the size of a person or a boulder. Bird Stones, however, were carved at sizes of 6" or less by Native Americans.

It looks to me like you are shoeing a grey stone object and a second reddish possible Bird Stone. I doubt anyone using this forum is going to be a real expert. You might consider contacting a college professor who specializes in Native American culture that might help getting more info.

......isn’t that the way it goes? The person who knows the least gets the most play?
Would you please post were you read that?
Disinformation by the ill informed....

Upvote 0

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this effigy rock I believe to be a duck in the Conasauga river . I have found several effigy rocks in the same area . Would like to know time period . This find was on the Tennessee Georgia line on private property . I have taken several pictures showing both sides of the stone, close up frontal view of face and body .

knights templar...

Oldcastle.jpg

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, it is not an effigy, it is caused by the phenomena called pareidolia.

"Pareidolia (/ˌp?riˈdoʊliə/,[SUP][1][/SUP]US also /ˌp?raɪˈ-/[SUP][2][/SUP]) is the tendency for perception to impose a meaningful interpretation on a nebulous visual stimulus (so that one sees an object, pattern or meaning where in fact there is none).Common examples are perceived images of animals, faces, or objects in cloud formations, or lunar pareidolia like the Man in the Moon or the Moon Rabbit. The concept of pareidolia may extend to include hidden messages in recorded music played in reverse or at higher- or lower-than-normal speeds, and hearing voices (mainly indistinct) or music, in random noise such as that produced by air conditioners or fans.[SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][4][/SUP]
Pareidolia was at one time considered a symptom of psychosis, but it is now seen as a normal human tendency.[SUP][5][/SUP] Scientists have taught computers to use visual clues to "see" faces and other images.[SUP][5]"[/SUP]

Pareidolia - Wikipedia

No where in your pictures you posted are there signs of stone being worked.

attachment.php

attachment.php

IMG_20130808_200639.jpg

Attachments

• Gorget Top.jpg
    Gorget Top.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 161
  • Revolving Artifact Case.jpeg
    Revolving Artifact Case.jpeg
    40.4 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Upvote 2
OP
OP
W

Willownsrn

Jun 23, 2021
Old Fort Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really love your items. My photos are not the best u may feel differently if u saw my piece in person. But thanks for sharing yours. Have a blessed day.

Upvote 0

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really love your items. My photos are not the best u may feel differently if u saw my piece in person. But thanks for sharing yours. Have a blessed day.

Look. I can see it too... cool rock. Now that said, it is not a native American artifact. Despite what Goldylocks says, some of the most experienced eyes in the nation have seen it.

As for my stone artifacts, you can search my threads. Without a doubt I have over 100,000. Probably several times that many.

Upvote 0

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

So you think these rocks were carved ?Well it's not hard to tell who isn't the expert here!

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for your information. I believe I will send it off I may be wasting my money but I still believe the stone has been worked.

I Agree with you it appears worked to Me.

But sorry Dating it would take an Expert & I must admit Most here insist Natural on things I Believe are worked.
so I agree to Disagree with them :unhappysmiley:

Cool Find for Sure

& Probably much older then native American, Which I believe many Deny ever existed.
Because it Proves Native Americans Stole the Land from Someone Else :laughing9:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Because it Proves Native Americans Stole the Land from Someone Else [/QUOTE]

Capitalized verbs? Hmmmmmmm?

Earthlords and Archons? Elder Things? The Old Ones? Perhaps intelligent crabs when most of the continent was submerged beside Pangaea?

Archons.png

Or it's a rock.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
images

how do you or the so called experts know the continent was submerged continually since the beginning of Man ?
or that Native Americans really were the first one's to find there way here ?

Maya ? Pre-Maya ? just to mention 2 possible predecessors.
or that the Sierra Nevada Mountains were totally submerged.
Ship travel may have also taken place a long as trees & apposing thumbs existed .

just conjecture yes , but so is the so called experts opinions.

But actually till Courts & Documents were Created No one Owned land here so no one stole land
till after it was Legally owned. Yes the Colonials Bought land they didn't need to. I don't think the Natives had it Surveyed & Documented . I don't believe in Squatters Rights after courts were created.

otherwise we may need to Buy land from a Gopher and ants to Build a Home.

One other thing, then I'll shut up :laughing7:

You's suggest Erosion through Time can Create these things.
but can you deny Erosion can remove tool Marks ? or proof of human intervention?

Reminds me of another story of Creation we can't talk about where things had to be created By one .
but when questioned who created one. how, and when the answer is "we just can't explain everything" :coffee2:

no I don't clam to know everything, just my twisted opinion

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
images

how do you or the so called experts know the continent was submerged continually since the beginning of Man ?

Ship travel may have also taken place a long as trees & apposing thumbs existed .

just conjecture yes , but so is the so called experts opinions.

But actually till Courts & Documents were Created No one Owned land here so no one stole land
till after it was Legally owned. Yes the Colonials Bought land they didn't need to. I don't think the Natives had it Surveyed & Documented . I don't believe in Squatters Rights after courts were created.

otherwise we may need to Buy land from a Gopher and ants to Build a Home.

One other thing, then I'll shut up :laughing7:

You's suggest Erosion through Time can Create these things.
but can you deny Erosion can remove tool Marks ? or proof of human intervention?

Reminds me of another story of Creation we can't talk about where things had to be created By one .
but when questioned who created one. how, and when the answer is "we just can't explain everything" :coffee2:

no I don't clam to know everything, just my twisted opinion

Agree...That's some pretty twisted opinion. Most of the artifacts I find are older than the Mayan culture. Much older. How would you date that rock? Its millions of years old. How long ago do you believe it was worked? For what purpose? What kind of tools? When you break this one down, it's just a cool shaped rock.

Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How do you or the so called experts know the continent was submerged continually since the beginning of Man ?

I never claimed that. Man is very much a late-comer in the world's timeline. I was referring to the Ordovichian and Cretaceous and even Devonian when much of what became North America was covered by the sea. Hundreds of Millions of years before Man.

First generation born on this soil became the "natives". Likely from over the Siberian-Alaska land bridge during the last ice age . . . or the prior one. Also a possibility that this continent was settled a lower Polynesian/Pacific route. An interesting study is underway on the remains of chickens (native to China/India) that traveled with the Asian emigration Eastward.

Upvote 0

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never claimed that. Man is very much a late-comer in the world's timeline. I was referring to the Ordovichian and Cretaceous and even Devonian when much of what became North America was covered by the sea. Hundreds of Millions of years before Man.

First generation born on this soil became the "natives". Likely from over the Siberian-Alaska land bridge during the last ice age . . . or the prior one. Also a possibility that this continent was settled a lower Polynesian/Pacific route. An interesting study is underway on the remains of chickens (native to China/India) that traveled with the Asian emigration Eastward.

Yep and the truth is likely all of the above. That has nothing to do with a coincidental bird shaped stone found in a river. I love nature and admire what it can do. It's just important on an artifact forum that we separate natural anomalies from man made artifacts.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

Willownsrn

Jun 23, 2021
Old Fort Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be exact I found that stone and several more after we had a big rain. Flooded our pasture fields, after the water receded found this rock and several more I have not posted. Found them in the bank next to the river and they had the strong earth smell. So no I didn't find them actually under the water. The property belongs to my husband's dad and family. Family also owns the island in middle of river. One thing I was told and have never posted anywhere is because I have no proof but word of mouth from my father in law and an elderly minister that lived on this river. They report archeology group came down from a university and I don't want to disclose which one but they both saw a golden tomahawk they found in the river right here where I have found most of my artifacts or rocks to some. Again I can not find any documents stating this find but witness are reliable. We have also had archeologists stop here at my home and get permission to examine the rock formations here on my property. This river I live on was once called the "slave river" according to history books. My husband uncle has many artifacts he unearthed on this property. . I have read a little about tennessee law kind of confusing U can collect small rocks but not to resale and not in large quantities. So for example I find a small rock I want to put in an aquarium would be fine. The law gets stiffer with scuba divers and that type of activity.

Upvote 0

Dougie Webb

Jun 14, 2019
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Garrett Ace 200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's just important on an artifact forum that we separate natural anomalies from man made artifacts.
I couldn't agree more. I've already had several things shot down. OK, most everything. But the deal is, when I *do* find something authentic, I want to feel good about it. I suspect that over billions of years, and untold trillions of tons of rock, and countless cataclysms, that nature has had the chance to make just about every shape imaginable.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread