teak Full Member Joined Dec 7, 2008 Messages 193 Reaction score 74 Golden Thread 0 Location Portsmouth, VA Detector(s) used XP DEUS/Garrett Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 9, 2012 #1 need help id'ing this piece.... Items found today were colonial buttons as well as civil war buttons, carved lead and bullets. I found this in the same area. I think its brass. Wheatie for size reference. Thanks for any help! Attachments SAM_0472.webp 46 KB · Views: 99
need help id'ing this piece.... Items found today were colonial buttons as well as civil war buttons, carved lead and bullets. I found this in the same area. I think its brass. Wheatie for size reference. Thanks for any help!
duggap Bronze Member Joined Dec 11, 2007 Messages 2,056 Reaction score 1,053 Golden Thread 0 Location Chattanooga, TN Detector(s) used Tosoro Bandido Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Apr 9, 2012 #2 I think you have an attachment for the end of a leather strap, probably from a saddle. Upvote 0
Bigcypresshunter Sapphire Member Joined Dec 15, 2004 Messages 27,124 Reaction score 3,351 Golden Thread 0 Location South Florida Detector(s) used 70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250 Primary Interest: Beach & Shallow Water Hunting Apr 10, 2012 #3 Those are horse harness boss pieces or saddle shields, I forget what they are called. The 2 prongs attach to leather. Very well could be CW era. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/204127-small-shield-horse-related.html Last edited: Apr 10, 2012 Upvote 0
Those are horse harness boss pieces or saddle shields, I forget what they are called. The 2 prongs attach to leather. Very well could be CW era. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/204127-small-shield-horse-related.html
teak Full Member Joined Dec 7, 2008 Messages 193 Reaction score 74 Golden Thread 0 Location Portsmouth, VA Detector(s) used XP DEUS/Garrett Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 11, 2012 Thread Owner #4 cool!! Thanks for the help!! Upvote 0
Bigcypresshunter Sapphire Member Joined Dec 15, 2004 Messages 27,124 Reaction score 3,351 Golden Thread 0 Location South Florida Detector(s) used 70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250 Primary Interest: Beach & Shallow Water Hunting Apr 16, 2012 #5 Green check? Upvote 0