What's new

Need help in identifying button

BigPete

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2011
Messages
47
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern Shore, Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this button back in the woods with my metal detector. Anybody have an idea what it is?
Thanks
 

Attachments

  • DSC00019.webp
    DSC00019.webp
    70.5 KB · Views: 238
  • DSC00012.webp
    DSC00012.webp
    38.3 KB · Views: 239
  • DSC00019.webp
    DSC00019.webp
    70.5 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC00004.webp
    DSC00004.webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 227
Sorry to have to tell you, the button you found is definitely a 20th-century civilian "Fashion" button ...still being sold today at sewing-supplies stores like JoAnn's Fabrics. The version you found is most frequently seen on men's Sport-jackets.
 
Upvote 0
No I'm glad you told me. Now I don't have to wonder. Perhaps that explains why I found it on top of the ground.
 
Upvote 0
BigPete said:
No I'm glad you told me. Now I don't have to wonder. Perhaps that explains why I found it on top of the ground.
I agree with CBG. We cant see the back but it could be old. Im not sure what you consider old but I dont see why it cant be 50 even 100 years old but definitely fashion. Still made today. Is it iron backed?
 

Attachments

  • button fashion lion on shield.webp
    button fashion lion on shield.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 202
Upvote 0
The back has rotted out. It is hollow and concave now. How did you get such a nice picture? i.e. compared to mine.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom