Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going thru my trash in my pouch and found this crusty little slug. Took it inside and cleaned it up. Looks like a beat up flat button. Never found a flat button with an eagle. Looks like the same eagle as on CW general service buttons. Dave Wise on facebook says it is definately PRE CW he says 1820-30 and another guy says it is 1812 war period.......so not sure which exactly because I searched online for two hours and cannot nail a positive ID, the back is toast, all I can make out is stars going around the shank area. Found a lot of similar buttons but NONE with eagle facing this direction, all I see is ones with eagle facing opposite way
pre cw button.jpg back.jpg

duggap

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
Detector(s) used
Tosoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The best I can tell with these old eyes, it looks like GI65B in Alberts button book. I would say it is between 1812 and 1820. Check that crest and see if there is a letter in it. Also it looks like you may have a back mark on the button. If you could read it that would help tie it down for you. Nice button.

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best I can tell with these old eyes, it looks like GI65B in Alberts button book. I would say it is between 1812 and 1820. Check that crest and see if there is a letter in it. Also it looks like you may have a back mark on the button. If you could read it that would help tie it down for you. Nice button.
thank you, I squinted hard but just cannot make out the letter on the shield or any backmark, I tried hard!

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several of the infantry buttons have the head facing that direction here is an 1835 federal infantry button

ForumRunner_20140527_083901.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread