Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these two buttons at two different home sites, one built in 1750, the other built in 1756. One two-piece coat-siz3e button with the back missing has an ornate design with center shield, eagle on the top, and horses raring up on both sides. The other button is also two piece, but small, probably a cuff button with an eagle on the front. No idea of period or origin, so I'm interesting in your feedback. Thanks!

Fancy button front.jpg
Fancy button back.jpg
Eagle cuff 1.jpg
Eagle cuff front.jpg
Eagle cuff back.jpg

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Not sure about the top button but the bottom button is a Great Seal army button and will date to after 1904. Judging by the size it was either a uniform cuff button or was attached to a dress hat.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tommy G

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure about the top button but the bottom button is a Great Seal army button and will date to after 1904. Judging by the size it was either a uniform cuff button or was attached to a dress hat.

Thanks for the feedback, Tennessee.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tommy G

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow, that's interesting. Thanks, HobbyHuntress! I also submitted that button as part of my recent finds under the "Today's Finds" forum. Crusader pointed out that I might find the pattern on the Waterbury site; and sure enough I did, although a newer version of course. I think mine is most likely an earlier version of the same Waterbury button.

28393.jpg

I going to label this one solved! Thanks again.

Upvote 0

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also posted one just like it and was told mine was a recent button probably an imitation!!! Hope yours is the real deal.. Good finds..

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread