dtwilson3
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Jul 11, 2008
- Messages
- 83
- Reaction score
- 0
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Stillwater, OK
- Detector(s) used
- Ace 250, Fisher 1212, Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Monty said:I agree with current assessments. The bottom ones are older, probably black powder era and could be rifle or revolver depending on weight. That's all I can tell from the information available. Monty
Sorry. The top one is a modern bullet. The bottom right one looks like it could be a civil war Gallager Carbine. They had a brass cartridge that was rounded at the end. The bullet had a blunt nose and 3 rings with a shallow cavity in the base. The middle one on the bottom looks like a civil war sage but looks like it is fired and might be a distorted Adams. The one on the bottom left I believe is modern. If it has a shallow depression in the base and/or crimps in the ring it is modern.