What's new

need help to id this coin

bangorguy

Full Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2009
Messages
107
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
hi everyone, i found this coin in the woods yesterday. it was about 5" down. i know it must be chinese, or japanese. makes me wonder how it made its way to the woods of bangor maine lol. thanks for your help. ben.
 

Attachments

  • P8090022_800x600.webp
    P8090022_800x600.webp
    113.5 KB · Views: 267
  • P8090025_800x600.webp
    P8090025_800x600.webp
    112.5 KB · Views: 262
It looks like a Chinese cash coin. I wish you could clean it up a little for an ID.
 
Upvote 0
Yes, it's a Chinese Cash Coin, people buried these at the base of trees for goo luck, and why you found it in Maine.
 
Upvote 0
I was waiting for someone else to try. I rotated and sharpened your image. I think its a Kwong-shui 1875-1908. I cant tell if its authentic.

chinese bangorguy.webpchinese cash 1875-1908.webpchinese cash.webp
 
Upvote 0
hello "bigcypresshunter" that is amazing! thank you for the id. i found the coin in the woods a few inches deep the other day. do you know what type of metal they are made from? as i don't know how to tell if the coin is authentic. thank you. ben.
 
Upvote 0
hello "coinhelp" thats interesting. i know when people would build a new home, they would put a coin under the front door sill for good luck. there is something about how people would always put a coin in the bow of a ship or boat too i wonder why that was.?
 
Upvote 0
Re: need help to id this coin solved by "bigcypresshunter"

hello, "bigcypresshunter" just wanted to say i appreciate your help. thank you "god bless" ben.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom