What's new

need help with an ID

unclemac

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
8,025
Reaction score
9,213
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Found in coastal SW Washington State...very surf tossed and smooth. Nice pink agate stone. Notice the shape of the base, nice long lateral flaking form the center to the sides. Any ideas as to type or age?...I was thinking Merrybelle.
 

Attachments

  • DSC01429.webp
    DSC01429.webp
    8.3 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 0
I have no Idea about your area but based on the side notches and shape I would say late archaic.
 
GatorBoy said:
I have no Idea about your area but based on the side notches and shape I would say late archaic.

Agreed Archaic sweet looking piont

Johnathan Griswold
 
Great story with this one too... My middle son is a moron, he was always getting in trouble, always the one left with the bag in his hand so to speak, while everyone else had the good sense to duck. Well anyway he has also always had this strange sort of luck too. Whenever I would go exploring, most usually I would come back empty handed but WHENEVER I took him with me we ALWAYS found incredible things. I took to calling him "good luck boy". He was never skunked, weather, season, tides, heat, rain whatever. Well I had some friends that knew about his luck but didn't believe me, they figured I was salting things for him to find. So one day I took them to my favorite spot on the beach along with him to go hunting. I remember one of them asking my son "do you have your lucky arrowhead finders on"?...he said "yes I do"...and dug this one out of the sand...at her FEET!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom