What's new

Need help with headstamp ID.

BenVa68

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2018
Messages
504
Reaction score
1,735
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this today while hunting a CW site. I think it's modern but I can't seem to find a match online.
 

Attachments

  • 20180623_150712.webp
    20180623_150712.webp
    311.8 KB · Views: 121
I'm not sayin ,just some checking came up with little off the bat.


[the early stuff 9 MM 40 and 41 has the same type bullets and same case construction as the Canadian Military during WW II and some 41, and all the 42-45 has the same bullet and case construction as the Canadian military stuff they started buying 55 which was their first post-WWII buy I know of. This kind of locks in the dates.
I believed it was made for China because Jim Houlden told me it was, even when I told him that there were rumors that it was made after the war for the CIA. In fact, he said he had seen the production documents. I probably still have his letter somewhere. In addition, I have a document dated 21 June 1945 that confirms that Canada sent China, as part of the US Lend Lease program, sent the following to China:]
https://forum.cartridgecollectors.org/t/canadian-7-92mm-and-9mm-hdstmps/6926
 
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • post-4361-0-12675100-1374064466.webp
    post-4361-0-12675100-1374064466.webp
    28.8 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom