What's new

Need help with identifying these rocks please. Silver??

THR214

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2013
Messages
23
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silver 4.webp102_6849.webp102_6850.webp102_6853.webp
I am a total newbie at this, and this is my first post. I have to start by saying I love what all of the Hunters out there do!! Wish I could really get to dig and prospect like most of you out there, and hopefully soon, will begin doing it as well. I recently found these rocks and the shine from the sun caught my eye. To me, an untrained eye, these look like they are loaded with actual Silver. The first one is just full of it and has nice size areas of where it looks to be layered, those spots are softer and I can actualy put a razor blade inbetween each layer, there are square pieces of "silver" all over it. The next small rock looks like it was jst dipped in glitter, it just sparkles all around, but looks more silver in person. and last is a larger rock which has bad pictures but is has small spots of silver all over it as well. I just need to know, could this be actually worth something? Or should I take it a jewler to find out? Any help for this over-anxious newbie? I have more pics if you need to see them, just let me know. Thank you!!
silver 3.webpsmall 1.webpsmall 2.webpsmall 3.webp
 
silver 1.webpsilver 2.webp
I just wanted to add these 2 more pics of the main rock which I think is loaded with "silver"
Thank You.
 
Thank you for the welcome! I am fom Central New Jersey. These were not found in the ground, but actually from a delivery received for my driveway.
 
Not as of yet, I just found them yesterday, any idea where to start looking for that info?
 
Pyrite? maybe
 
Can't help with rocks but I'm from central jersey too. Are you in the Monmouth county area?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom