What's new

Need help with spur please

FatCat

Full Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2009
Messages
190
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
HUNTSVILLE Alabama
Detector(s) used
ACE250 w. 10x14'' DD and Lots of research
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this spur at a site that was heavily occupied by both sides during the Civil War. I don't know if is military issue or where and by whom it may have been manufactured. If anyone has any good ref books or insight, I would greatly appreciate any info or input that I can get. Thank you for looking and HH.
 

Attachments

  • spur.webp
    spur.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 335
  • spur5.webp
    spur5.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 318
  • spurside.webp
    spurside.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 345
  • spur.webp
    spur.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 318
  • spur5.webp
    spur5.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 334
  • spurside.webp
    spurside.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 322
Goes on the back of a boot, used to kick a horse in the side to make him go forward or up, down and all around. If you need more info., just let me know. :D

Nice find. Not every day you find one that is complete. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
I'm not sure but believe it is a civilian spur. It's not standard US issue though.
 
Upvote 0
Does anyone have a book on spurs?
 
Upvote 0
I going with US a little too smooth for CSA.
 
Upvote 0
lostcauses said:
looks to be plated white metal (pot metal) if so it is a toy spur.

Looks brass to me.
RPG said:
Goes on the back of a boot, used to kick a horse in the side to make him go forward or up, down and all around. If you need more info., just let me know. :D

Nice find. Not every day you find one that is complete. :thumbsup:

your right, most of the ones I have found were broken.
 
Upvote 0
Hi FatCat,

Looks very close to a cavalary spur made by BUERMANN, if you google cavhooah.com this site has a few piccies to look at.

hope this helps Napper.
 
Upvote 0
With that distinctive of a neck, there should be a comparable example in a reference somewhere. I don't know that much about spurs besides general design styles and time frames. Perhaps there is a guide in print?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom