Need Help with the DFX "Disc Edit" and "Block Edit" feature

C-Weed

Jan 16, 2009
Springfield, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark, White's DFX-300
Need Help with the DFX "Disc Edit" and "Block Edit" feature

Could someone who uses a DFX please answer a question that I have? I was going to put this in the "Detector Discussion" section, but I think I would get a quicker answer on this section.

I understand for the most part all of the program choices on my new DFX except for how to program the "Disc Edit" and "Block Edit" option.

I obtained a program that requires me to : Disc. Edit, Block Edit = REJ. -95 - -71, ACC. -70 - +95

I am having a hard time understanding how to input this range on the screen. Can someone PLEASE give the step by step instructions on how to enter this? Which set of numbers goes with the Disc Edit part and which numbers go with the Block Edit part and how do you enter then in?

I am going to try out the new machine in the morning, and would really like to understand this.

Thanks!!!
CW

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
TITAN 3000 XD ,DFX, Minelab X-Terra 705 L Rods
Re: Need Help with the DFX "Disc Edit" and "Block Edit" feature

Well as far as i can tell is;
select disc edit and press enter. Now you use the arrow controls to view the V.D.I number from -95 to +95 that appear on the right side of the display . these are the same reference numbers that are listed on the top right-hand side of the control box V.D.I SCALE or target chart for each VDI Number , a tick will appear to the left indicating whether the current program will Accept or REJECT targets that displays that number.
were or whom did you get that info from will have to tell you i am new at this and good luck.
I am still reading the manual, so that I can understand it all :icon_study: :coffee2: and i will read it over and over untill i do lol :thumbsup:

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Ok I'll try:

1. make sure your in the block edit and scroll down (using the arrows) to -71.
2. Now look, they are probably already rejected (just look what is marked on the display; "Accept" or "Reject")
3. Now if they are discriminated out (rejected) which they should be go to -70
4. Press enter to change accept or reject (you want to have it on accept) and use the arrows to scroll upwards until you reach +95.
5. Save the program under a fitting name for what it's made for.
6. Use it

Disc edit you'd use if you only need to change a FEW numbers, not a lot.
Block Edit you'd use when you have to change a lot of numbers.

Disc edit can be used to scroll trough the individual numbers to confirm they are either rejected or accepted.

I hope this helps,
Eu

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I still have problems of understanding my DFX. I normally only use the factory set setting. As I am still learning. Good luck to you....Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions