What's new

need help

unclemac

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
8,031
Reaction score
9,228
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am looking for a number of harder to find Mexican coins (and some Spanish). I need some very specific things. Who out there knows some really good coin site for these? I already use Heritage, Stack's, Tauler, Torex, NumisCorner, Champaign (Swappy), and Calico. Anyone have any other leads? (not Ebay, I use that too).
 
If you have already been unsuccessful in finding coins from those (outstanding) sources, would you mind posting one or more specific items from your Spanish want list?
Don in SoCal
 
sure...
1915 Oaxaca 20 pesos gold. (3 years looking now, missed out on two)
1789 Mexico proclamation 8 and 4 reales, (and 1 real)
Carlos and Johanna 1/2 real
...oddly enough... 8 reales Felipe V Spain, any date....should be a simple coin to find too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ARC
Thanks.
There may be two dozen different C and J 1/2 real coins included in the first and second series. Did you have one in particular that you were looking for?
Don....
 
no, just anything 1536 to 1555. What I am making is a series of books exemplifying the history of North American coinage. I have Canada, the U.S. and Central America covered, (not doing Caribbean). And pretty deep into Mexico (and early South America as a result.) (I keep going off on tangents).
 
I have maybe 12 or so books, (not counting the paper money books)...and 10 or 12 other books not related to NA.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ARC
I have maybe 12 or so books, (not counting the paper money books)...and 10 or 12 other books not related to NA.

Not only a great way to spend free time, but you're making an investment, as well. :icon_thumright:
 
that's what I tell my wife!
 
  • Like
Reactions: ARC
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom