What's new

Need ID

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2006
Messages
1,322
Reaction score
177
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Florida east coast.
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello mates.I need ID for this shell.
Never found one like this before.
8017442169_2ddb7f8112.jpg
8017444297_d8284012a5.jpg

The rest of my finds:
8017449829_dc1f3319ed.jpg

AQUASOUND ROCK.
 
Upvote 0
Nice finds, someone lost their bracelet from Puerto Rico
 
shell is a cowrie shell. several different types of them. They were often used for $ in ancient times. love the finds you got today!
 
Yep Cowrie shell. The top is worn down, so it cant be postively IDed, but there are only a few small varieties of cowries in Florida. It is not the large Measeled cowrie as those have a rounded underside edge. I will check and see if I can ID it and get back to you. You always have nice finds! OK, it is a Purple Topped Cowrie, the part I thought was worn, is supposed to look like that. Nice find!
 
Last edited:
The things people wear to the beach...... nice finds.

Dew
 
Cool Shell. Wish we had neat stuff like that hear in the Finger Lakes.
Looks like a nice heavy 925 Kneckless !
Nice work.
GG
 
Awesome haul.:icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom