Need Metal Detector...

Dale

Tenderfoot
May 21, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
Im Thinking of gettin Ace 250..I see alot have it and are doing great with it. Is that a good choice? Also what should I get with it as far as coils...The 9x12? or just keep that standard on there? All help would be much appreciated I want to order something tomorrow so it can get here as soon as possible...also if you know a good place to get one from that would be great to....Thanks Dale

The ACE 250 is a great choice! It does well in most catagories. Go for it! :thumbsup:

I would go with the Tesoro Silver uMax for the same price--a better machine in terms of durability, with a Lifetime Warranty (unlike the Garrett...) 

BUT--if you really want a meter for where you hunt, go with the Garrett.  The uMax has no meter. 

P.S.--I use no meter--and I'm convinced that's the way to roll. :) Depends on the type of sites you're hunting...

-Buckleboy

Well my bro went ahead and ordered the Ace 250. He told me to get the Tesoro Silver uMax so I will be ordering that soon...Just have to wait on them to get here...we have spots lined up so im sure this wait is going to feel like a really long time!!!!

Dale said:
Well my bro went ahead and ordered the Ace 250. He told me to get the Tesoro Silver uMax so I will be ordering that soon...Just have to wait on them to get here...we have spots lined up so im sure this wait is going to feel like a really long time!!!!

Best of luck to you. You've got two solid machines there--and when you get 'em learned, I'm sure you'll be making the finds. Keep in mind that the larger coil for the Ace is not that necessary, but it is a Must for the uMax--you'll get a lot better depth out of it with the 10 inch concentric coil.

-Buckleboy

Besides what Buckleboy said, a smaller coil will come in handy for searching around the trash so as to get only one target under the coil at a time.

You are going to love the Umax.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back