Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: need some feed-back on the "wader"

Never heard of the wader?????????????????????

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

I dont own one but they are supposed to be good. You can ask questions here. http://www.findmall.com/login.php?11

The biggest problem with DetectorPro was that the headphones cups used to leak on the diving models. Saltwater and electronics dont mix. Keep your head above water and you should be fine.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think its a revamp of the Fisher 1280 but whilst they were reducing the circuit down to fit in the headphones they also improved the beach wet salt performance making it less spitty than the Fisher.

Apart from leaks the original models Pulse and VLF headphones tended to flip over as you took them off and this damaged the wires. Detector Pro did a redesign to cure this problem but this only occured 3 or 4 years back ? So if you pick up an original older design its something to be careful of.

Only other problem is the coil is on the heavy side.

Depth fairly good though not P.I. or Excaliber performance, but excellent sensitivity and easy to pinpoint.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

U.K. Brian said:
I think its a revamp of the Fisher 1280 but whilst they were reducing the circuit down to fit in the headphones they also improved the beach wet salt performance making it less spitty than the Fisher.

Apart from leaks the original models Pulse and VLF headphones tended to flip over as you took them off and this damaged the wires. Detector Pro did a redesign to cure this problem but this only occured 3 or 4 years back ? So if you pick up an original older design its something to be careful of.

Only other problem is the coil is on the heavy side.

Depth fairly good though not P.I. or Excaliber performance, but excellent sensitivity and easy to pinpoint.
My DetectorPro Pulse has the flip over headphones that can twist the wires. Mine are 2-1/2 years old.

LX Kid

Jul 14, 2009
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, M/Lab Xtera-70, B/Hunter ID , Tesoro Stingray II, Tesoro Tiger Shark, MXT, Eagle II SL, + Others

I have to "humbly" disagree with depth claims on these detectors. I've owned both the DP Wader "Pro" and the DP Wader, which both had the 8" coil. Depth is not their biggest strength. The larger coil may give added depth! Stability in saltwater and discrimination in a light weight package is the plus side. My biggest disapointment is construction quality and in particular the battery side headphone durability.

The two "Wader's" that I'm aware of are the DetectorPro and Fisher! The Fisher 1280-X is deep but doesn't seem to like saltwater very well. It does great in fresh water though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread