What's new

Need some help with this

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2010
Messages
2,706
Reaction score
7,236
Golden Thread
2
Location
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My girlfriend found a 1905 Indian head penny that looks to be counterfeit the face don't look right the back don't look right and I scratched the edge and it's white colored not copper colored and appears to have a crack like to halves put together. I appreciate your thought and comments
 

Attachments

  • 1456539373447.webp
    1456539373447.webp
    43 KB · Views: 118
  • 1456539385411.webp
    1456539385411.webp
    38 KB · Views: 124
  • 1456539398503.webp
    1456539398503.webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 1456539410111.webp
    1456539410111.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 4
unless it is some rare year I see no point
 
Me either but it definitely isn't dipped
 
Seems like someone posted one about a month or so ago. 2 coins (IH and Memorial I think it was) ground down and soldered together.
 
This one both sides are indian
 
Maybe a coin made for making a sure win on the toss.
An oddity for sure but a nice find!
 
True
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom