Need someone with good first hand knowledge of marbles....Thanks

BruceB

Jun 24, 2012
Waldorf, MD
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2200, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a picker, I've been buying at auctions, thrift stores and yard sales and then turning around and selling on ebay or craigslist for about 12 years now. I've come across an auction coming up with what looks to be some vintage marbles but with not knowing much about marbles, I was looking for some first hand knowledge.

I've looked in the sold sections on ebay, looked in books, checked with information online and still have not gotten a good grasp on the difference between valuable marbles and just your more common ones.

I'm just looking for someone that has first hand knowledge regarding marbles.

Thanks

bottles10

May 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garriet
nothing there you can make money on. about 30.00 all toll Look up bob blocks marbles on ebay

OP
OP
BruceB

BruceB

Jun 24, 2012
Waldorf, MD
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2200, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much and I will definitely check that out

bottles10

May 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garriet
YOU DON'T LEARN MARBLES OVER NIGHT. AND YOU CANT LEARN THEM OUT OF A BOOK. YOU HAVE TO HANDLE AN AWFUL LOT OF THEM BEFORE YOU LEARN ANYTHING

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Agreed. You have to get hooked on marbles and spend a lot of time reading, a lot of time handling and inspecting, and a lot of time asking questions to learn marbles and know which ones are worth much. I've collected them for decades and still have lots to learn.

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
nice selection...collectors go thru tons of marbles lookin for the macdaddy...keep lookin....im sure youve made money on that lot....

Gnome Punter

May 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your image is difficult to see to be honest.
You could, for example, have some hybrid cat-eyes which do sell,but you cannot tell from your image.,
I see Peltier,Alley,marble king and I even see 2 Vitro victory,older style from the 60's. I even see a banded agate (stone)
I see what LOOKS LIKE , from a distance, a Nice Cubscout blended MK

I mean, you could have a gold mine there, the issue is no one can tell.

I will say this a thousand times, pictures sell your marble and with marbles there is NO such thing as too much information :)

StoneyRun

Mar 10, 2013
S.W. Missouri
Detector(s) used
old faithful Radio Shack
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another problem is condition. Just by pouring them out of that can into the box could produce some hit marks. Buying in the dark so to speak is a low price, buying to learn, and most likely getting place holders. But I bought a lot of lots when I first started, and I did learn from them all. But it takes time, and a good mentor is the best help of all!

Cheri

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread