Needing Advice

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im needing some advice on metal detectors. This will be my first one so I have no clue what to look for. I'm not wanting to break the bank but I want something that will do the job and be reliable. Any help will be appreciated.

First you have tell us what kind of hunting you want to do, what your budget is, also what part of the country are you in?

Posted From My $50 Tablet...

OP
OP
J

jth

Tenderfoot
Nov 2, 2014
Muskogee OK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Guys, I'm going to be looking for Civil War related objects in thick timber and over rocky terrain, Was hoping to find something around 300-500 range. I'm in NE Oklahoma.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I initially forget to welcome you. Welcome x2!
Have you factored accessories into your budget? Foremost, you will Need a quality pinpointer. Also, in such harsh terrain, a durable shovel/diggin' tool.
Must you buy new? Many great bargains can be found buying used.
Contact [email protected], or any of the other supporting vendors here. New or used, that will be your best chance for great deals. Good Luck.
Peace ✌

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

Sorry Guys, I'm going to be looking for Civil War related objects in thick timber and over rocky terrain, Was hoping to find something around 300-500 range. I'm in NE Oklahoma.

A CZ6 with a 10" coil (make sure you get the 10, and not the 8") is an easy machine, and deep-seeking, for that type "open pasture" type detecting (woods, furroughed fields, etc....). You might get fooled by some deep nails, but ...... for relicky type CW mindset, it's a good easy to use machine. You can find used CZ6's on ebay etc... from time to time at reasonable prices.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go with a Garrett AT Pro, it is a very versatile machine and you can get them for less than $600 if you buy on Ebay. A cheaper similar machine would be the Ace 250 or Ace 350.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would also consider an Garrett AT Pro, Pinpointer, digging tool and digging shovel. I am sure one of the forum dealers will help you in the purchase.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread