What's new

Needing some help identifying this find.

chemsters

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 22, 2020
Messages
1
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this button digging through a box of old coins. It came from Rhode Island, and best I can figure is a revolutionary war button. Can someone help me with details, and maybe worth? I would also be interested in finding a collector interested in the piece.
 

Attachments

  • image1.webp
    image1.webp
    41.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0131.webp
    IMG_0131.webp
    51.9 KB · Views: 61
British 74th Regiment of Foot. Part of the reinforcements sent to the US during the Revolution, 1778-1784. Arrived in Nova Scotia, and spent most of their time holding a fort in Castine, Maine, until after the war. The regiment was around 1000 men. Interesting and cool find.
 
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
I agree with Plug N Play that the button style and birdcage attachment seem French to me. (Rather then British or Highlander. . . ish).
 
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom