NoVaRelics

Greenie
Jun 30, 2018
Leesburg VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to detecting. I have been at it for about a year now and use a Garrett AT MAX. I have had good luck with it thus far, obviously it could always be better. I've primarily used the stock coil, and at times the Garrett 5x8. So here's my dilemma, I have a couple permissions, each with both civil war and colonial history. They have been hunted by others in the past and my finds have been limited. My new plan for success on these properties is to go deeper than the others have gone. One properties is trashy with a lot of deep steel, the other is not, both consist of open field and wooded areas.
I have read reviews on Nel, CORS, etc., all of which state I can get a fee more inches. I've read posts that review each as well. I think I've narrowed it down to Nel but what I would like to see is a comparison of the Storm vs Thunder and more importantly has anyone used both and can recommend one over the other.....And why? Thanks for any guidance/recommendations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread