Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finally, a sign that winter won't be too much longer maybe!

Eagle On Nest 1200.JPG

There were a total of 4 Bald Eagles seen by me today. The first was circling the river when I went over a bridge. I couldn't get a pic of it. The second was at a lake I decided to go to after a haircut. It is below. The third and fourth were at the nest above. One flew across the river and sat for a bit in a treetop on the river bank where it could still see the nest while the other stayed on the nest. Hang in there. Spring will be here in a couple months maybe.:occasion14:

Eagle At Evansville Lake.JPG

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Winter's gone by that quick? How cool is seeing the American Bald Eagle. I see em around here, but just every now and then. Their numbers are very strong now. It was a whole different story back before they knew the harm of the pesticide DDT. I still remember the first one I ever saw long ago in Minnesota. I was fishing in a boat with my dad and we were both struck with awe at the sight of it flying overhead. That had to be in the late 1960's. Somewhere in all the hundreds of slide pictures in the garage is a slide of many Eagles my Dad took on the Mississippi of these swarms of Eagle following a river barge breaking a trail of the frozen river up towards Minnesota. As soon as the fish found no ice overhead they'd come to the surface and the Eagles would snatch em up one after the next my dad told me. I could tell he thought it was an awesome sight for him to see.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I see the pair that nest in the Meadows flying around the other day,I sure hope to get a lot of pictures of them this year.

GOD Bless

Chris

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally, a sign that winter won't be too much longer maybe!

There were a total of 4 Bald Eagles seen by me today. The first was circling the river when I went over a bridge. I couldn't get a pic of it. The second was at a lake I decided to go to after a haircut. It is below. The third and fourth were at the nest above. One flew across the river and sat for a bit in a treetop on the river bank where it could still see the nest while the other stayed on the nest. Hang in there. Spring will be here in a couple months maybe.:occasion14:

Ahhhh yes! A WONDERFUL pic of the National symbol! Beautiful!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions