Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at a favorite school for my walk today.
Been there lots of times. As I'm walking I noticed someone coming across the field. I thought, uh oh....here it comes.

As he drew closer I recognized him as the director of activities for the school's summer playground program. I was figuring my day was done.

But.....he explained that they had archery this year and he had a problem. The kids keep losing arrows! He went on to ask me if I could wave my machine around the field and see if I could locate any of them for him.

I giggled to myself, because I was thinking about the irony. I have a *dismal* record finding points, ( one! ).

But I told him sure, I would see what I could do. I only hunted for about 2 hours.

Untitled - 2.jpg
Untitled - 1.jpg

Yep...that's a professional type throwing knife!
:dontknow: Stranger still, this thing was buried about a foot down. So its been there a while. But it seems remarkably uncorroded to me! Pretty heavy too!

Most "points" I've ever found in my life! :laughing7:

So....whatcha think? How'd I do?

He wanted to pay me something per arrow, I told him nothing doing. It was fun for me and now the kids have more ammo with which to learn archery.

Thanks for peeking!
Stay cool!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That,s just too cool!Made a friend and probably someone who will put in a good word for metal detectors some day.As my Granddaughters say,way rad!

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good work. Your good deed helps us all and I bet it made you feel good too. The aluminum shafts on these arrows make them much easier to find than the old wooden shafts with a small target point. I have done the same thing at the scout camp. The scouts keep loosing them and I keep finding them. Congratulations on a job well done, stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!! Good Job!!! Congrats!!!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whadi it looks like maybe the attachment point broke on your detector. I put a post on a fix I did for mine it stabilized it solid as a rock. Here is the post link http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/general-discussion/461284-gold-pro-mod.html see if this might be a good fix for you. I put two of the parts on only 1 is pictured though. You got karma points for finding all those arrows for the school employee well done.

Last edited:

Quisp

Feb 14, 2011
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Teknetics Omega 8500, Garrett GTA-1000, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It makes you wonder about kids running around during gym class and possibly playing other sports on the same field where there are lost arrows. Ouch!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at a favorite school for my walk today.
Been there lots of times. As I'm walking I noticed someone coming across the field. I thought, uh oh....here it comes.

As he drew closer I recognized him as the director of activities for the school's summer playground program. I was figuring my day was done.

But.....he explained that they had archery this year and he had a problem. The kids keep losing arrows! He went on to ask me if I could wave my machine around the field and see if I could locate any of them for him.

I giggled to myself, because I was thinking about the irony. I have a *dismal* record finding points, ( one! ).

But I told him sure, I would see what I could do. I only hunted for about 2 hours.

View attachment 1942602
View attachment 1942603

Yep...that's a professional type throwing knife!
:dontknow: Stranger still, this thing was buried about a foot down. So its been there a while. But it seems remarkably uncorroded to me! Pretty heavy too!

Most "points" I've ever found in my life! :laughing7:

So....whatcha think? How'd I do?

He wanted to pay me something per arrow, I told him nothing doing. It was fun for me and now the kids have more ammo with which to learn archery.

Thanks for peeking!
Stay cool!

And I thought you were opening up a used arrow shop !! Thats a heck of a way to find points !!:laughing7::laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WTG! On doing a great deed in finding all the lost arrows.:occasion14:

Actually I don't think I would want to be around while they were practicing....:laughing7:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Kinda knightly of you to volunteer your services, Sir. I am glad your services were successful. That?s actually one of the first things I detected for, lost arrows in my yard.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda knightly of you to volunteer your services, Sir. I am glad your services were successful. That?s actually one of the first things I detected for, lost arrows in my yard.

Thank you, milady. 'T were a bit on the "honorable" side N'cest pas? I do try.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whadi it looks like maybe the attachment point broke on your detector. I put a post on a fix I did for mine it stabilized it solid as a rock. Here is the post link http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/general-discussion/461284-gold-pro-mod.html see if this might be a good fix for you. I put two of the parts on only 1 is pictured though. You got karma points for finding all those arrows for the school employee well done.

Yep, B.T.O.B.

The post broke. But I redid with a bit of J.B.Weld and black tape. After the epoxy dried? I just left the tape on it, no reason to remove. Those posts are now more solid then they ever were! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the response!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE JOB Thanks for helping others out

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread