What's new

New Arrowhead Hunter Needs Help!!!!

EHM

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 15, 2015
Messages
1
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi! So I have recently caught the arrowhead hunting bug, and I could really use some help identifying what I have found so far. I found them on my family farm in Creedmoor, NC in the fields. I would love it if y'all could help me out! Thank so much!
 

Attachments

  • Arrowheads .webp
    Arrowheads .webp
    244.7 KB · Views: 194
  • Arrowheads?.webp
    Arrowheads?.webp
    270.5 KB · Views: 170
Upvote 0
Nice finds. The first pic looks like artifact material. The others are points and knife made of rhyolite which is common for your area. I may be wrong but that's my 2 cents. Quartz is a common material for your area also.....
 
Last edited:
Welcome to the site. The first set of items are natural but the 2nd set look good. 3 nice points
 
the second one in the second pic has a dalton look too it,very old type,i can find them every day but to id them is kinda hard to do,for me.keep looking,you will find more and make iding them a little more easy.
 
In the 2nd pic the last one looks like a Savannah River like one I have and is early to mid archaic. Those last 2 look like they are made from rhyolite as catherine mentioned and I thought mine was but the local archeologist told me it's argolite (not sure of the spelling).
 
Wel-come aboard ... :notworthy:
 
Welcome from NE Ohio.

Engine
 
nice finds, & welcome!I'll take a stab at them,but I will probably need correction,i am still learning myself.The first one I would guess a Adena?The second one I guess Brewerton side notched,or Big sandy?I think NC.Peaches might have nailed the last one with Savannah River
 
Nice finds from what I'm seeing in the second photo from left to right I see a Morrow mountain a Halifax and a Savannah River type
 
I was thinking Morrow mountain at first on the first one,but the shoulders kind of threw me off
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom