New California

Status
Not open for further replies.

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought that we are seeing the "new"California, I believe that its the "old"California that is more reality based, but all things pass,probably never to return, a sad day we live in.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posts deleted. Please keep politics out of threads, we have a specific politics forum to discuss politics for those interested.

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't they try that in the early 70's, split North and southern Calif. because of the physical, economic and population difference. I was a little kid back then but seem to remenber folks talking about it.

G

ghostminer

I think it's way to big for one state. I's split it up 4 ways.

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wouldn't this be great?

Might be even greater, if you left most of the Californians out. It could survive, if they created a "cordon sanitaire" on the western borders of the new state. It's as practical as the harebrained idea that the south had in 1861. In the very end... ------> "follow the money"!

PioneerPauly

Mar 28, 2010
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Fisher Goldbug II
Primary Interest:
Other
I might be going to look for gold in California soon. I haven't been out there lookin before. I dont think ive been in the USA for almost 8 years!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One can hope! Wasnt it a little while back that the democrats were trying to succeed from the whole union? Neither will ever happen but the people cant possibly be any more divided then they already are. Something is gonna have to give soon....

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might be going to look for gold in California soon. I haven't been out there lookin before. I dont think ive been in the USA for almost 8 years!
If i had the ability to pick up and leave to go mine gold somewhere. Ca would be my absolute last choice...

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my opinion, Californians who laugh at the idea...call it hair brained...red neck..backwards....laughable....can't stand a chance.....would collapse...ect., ect........
They have those opinions of no fault of their own. They were born into oppression and have little resemblance of a backbone compared to the men just a mere couple generations back.
This is a social compact, just an agreement.
There is actually a need for some change...look at the county voting records nation wide...extremely small areas (densely populated), decide the way of living for the extremely large areas (sparsely populated).
It is modern nation wide epidemic. The ironic thing is there is also a unique co-dependency that neither population will admit.
Sure you might call it a democracy, however we live under a Republic form of government, which few understand or appreciate the difference. The sparsely populated areas being the minority.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have always believed that California is simply too big to be just one state. Politically, economically, geographically and socially it is just completely different from one end to the other. I think the top half of the state should be one state, like the state of Jefferson idea. This would put a lot of the gold in one political district then hopefully the laws there would be written to protect the mining. The southern part would also be set aside from the urban part, who tend the think much differently.
All changes start with an idea

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All we need in California is one good earthquake in the right places to give the good people Beach Front Property. Then we can watch the sharks eat the rest of them and throw a little Brown chum in the water here and there... :evil6:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread