Not open for further replies.

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
where will they get there water from, all ready a big stink brewing changing of water rights
with the waterboard tied up for most of next year https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/wate...alifornia_waterfix/water_right_petition.shtml

I have seen reports where it is expected that large scale desalinization will become economically viable within the next 10 years or so. Getting mass volumes of potable, or irrigable water from the coastlines deep into the deserts is another story though. There are naturally high costs and problems associated with choosing to live in arid deserts, volcano prone locations, or on hurricane path islands etc. duh.
No matter what the costs are, do not dare complain if you personally compelled by force to pay for them. Remember under the current pop culture cult, an individuals personal problems must become the whole state or country's problem. If you dare to have your freedom of speech to complain, you will promptly receive a heavy dose of pre-pubescent, 7th grade adolescent peer pressures, and 1950's style Sunday school religious guilt trips from the high priests and priestesses of the celebrity cult.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think a "New California" would somehow be a mess, now.......having said that, I still like the idea of N.Calif. and Southern Oregon together, (State of Jefferson), I mean it seems that only two counties up North in Oregon here rule the rest of the state.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah Reed , that's kinda Old Testament right there LOL

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it makes it to the point of a vote. I'd vote for it and Jefferson

The demographics, where voters are located and who votes make it very unlikely to make it that far..

Even harder when there are what three four different versions of the same Idea.

Not about it beuing hair brained,red neck, backwards.... just not likely for reason that are pretty easy to see

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
The federal gov't would never allow it,ever.If you think taxes are high in California now,hold your breath as who would pay for all the services..police,highways and roads,schools,administration costs etc,etc etc.A new state would still have to deal with all the federal rules and regs.It's a beer infused bad fantasy.Wouldn't it be nice if everyone could have and do what they want?...but that's not reality.

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to walk back the first part of my comment because it appears as a personal attack, which it wasn't intended to be.

We all only know what we have been brought up with and none of us have the grit that the earlier generations did when it comes to going it alone or starting something new and untested.

That's all.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The federal gov't would never allow it,ever.If you think taxes are high in California now,hold your breath as who would pay for all the services..police,highways and roads,schools,administration costs etc,etc etc.A new state would still have to deal with all the federal rules and regs.It's a beer infused bad fantasy.Wouldn't it be nice if everyone could have and do what they want?...but that's not reality.

Dave, it never hurts to debate the idea or discuss issues, supposedly we govern ourselves.

The roads and schools were once 100% locally funded with flush reserves for a rainy day (not that long ago).

I think part of the idea is that there is a large burden of state required services that would either be severely cut back or eliminated.
Personally I wouldn't mind driving on gravel roads if it meant not having to pay a fee and get a permit to fart ;)

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've spent hours at the capitol and at waterboard hearings.

The first thing you notice is how the people that are paid to be in those buildings are not concerned with the will of the people.

I've been shoulder to shoulder with those backing Brandon and when the new dredge stuff was being pushed.

There is a lot of grit out there still.

The laws that are put down and who does it know we have grit... they also know how few of us there are .

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think a "New California" would somehow be a mess, now.......having said that, I still like the idea of N.Calif. and Southern Oregon together, (State of Jefferson), I mean it seems that only two counties up North in Oregon here rule the rest of the state.

Right on, Brutha!:thumbsup: I think Washington State has the exact same problem...

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hmmm...

Constitution for the United States of America
Article IV
Section 3
1: New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new State shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or Parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.

Looks like it might be a little more than a majority vote that's needed. In fact a vote for partition within California would be of no legal effect according to the Constitution.

As usual if the vote of no effect were to happen the California folks would declare they are the wave of the future and all other States will follow. As usual the rest of us will go Hmmm... and go back to mining or whatever productive job we were involved in.

Me - I'm wishing for my own flying unicorn. Could happen. Yep, I can see myself floating over the unworthy masses farting rainbows all the way. :cat:

Heavy Pans

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As of January 1st California is is a sanctuary STATE and will not comply with federal laws on immigration.
Anything is possible.

Same in Oregon, it's becoming a "wanna be" Calif. Multnomah, Washington and Marion counties. Then throw in Ashland on the border as well.

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
In my opinion, Californians who laugh at the idea...call it hair brained...red neck..backwards....laughable....can't stand a chance.....would collapse...ect., ect........
They have those opinions of no fault of their own. They were born into oppression and have little resemblance of a backbone compared to the men just a mere couple generations back.
This is a social compact, just an agreement.
There is actually a need for some change...look at the county voting records nation wide...extremely small areas (densely populated), decide the way of living for the extremely large areas (sparsely populated).
It is modern nation wide epidemic. The ironic thing is there is also a unique co-dependency that neither population will admit.
Sure you might call it a democracy, however we live under a Republic form of government, which few understand or appreciate the difference. The sparsely populated areas being the minority.

I hope that I am wrong in suspecting your comments are pointed at me, someone you dont even know. Because if you did, you would likely hold your tongue. Similar comments that you, yourself made to goldwasher recently on another thread. Interesting...
I agree with much of what you said, but hold my ground that this is laughable. For the fact that it will never happen and is a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread