What's new

New coin roll hunter! Wish me luck!

legend76

Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2010
Messages
880
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just registered on the forum after reading topics for several weeks. I'm a long time coin collector. I live in a very small town, and I should have my first box of halves next Wednesday (if, as the teller stated, "she remembers to order them Monday"). I played it off by saying I wanted to search the halves to fill up my coin albums, and I assured her I wouldn't dump them back at that bank. I have an account at another bank within sight of this one, so if I have luck, I will order at one and dump at another. What's the running average for silver in a box of halves???
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to TNET!!! best of luck to you. I personally don't keep averages, just like the thrill of the hunt, even though i know there are going to be skunks out there.
 
Well if you want an average just count all the post you see here about finding silver. Then multiply that by a 100 or so. That ought to give ya a number of who isn't finding anything. Maybe a 1000. It really is a game of luck. Since your new the biggest secret to success is persistence.
 
buffhunter said:
Welcome to TNET!!! best of luck to you. I personally don't keep averages, just like the thrill of the hunt, even though i know there are going to be skunks out there.
There is no running average except for Skunks and ours is around %%40 but last couple weeks it has went up to around %80; as for the number of Silvers we have found well alota skunks and the most we have found was twice over 500, twice over 200, over a dozen with over 100, and maybe near 60 Boxes with 20 to 90 in them- our total boxes done in last 14 months around 650 . Though this year has seen no record boxes, 2 record Cold calls though, one with 278 another with 175.
 
I'm averaging 1.33 silver per box.
 
Don't get discouraged if you get a bad box or two. A few years ago I would average one 40% half per roll, and one 90% half per 10 rolls. That seems to have dropped off some the last couple of years. Now it seems that you will get little or nothing for a while, then boom!, you hit a nice pocket of silver. Some of these guys roll 10K a week. My bank would tell me to get lost if I tried that. I have build a relationship with several tellers who keep a eye open for me, I buy all halves and large dollars that are brought into those banks. In the mean time I search dimes and quarters. If those aren't available cents and nickels.

Your story sounds like mine, coin collector, small town, just trying to improve the collection, not retire. Best of luck, keep trying and if what you are doing doesn't seem to be working too great, be flexible enough to change the game plan a little. What state do you live in?
 
Welcome and let the games begin it is all in the hunt big are small it is the fun of finding the silver good luck. RON
 
Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. Dave, I am from Tennessee.
 
Welcome to the forum, legend! My average is 1-40% half per 3 boxes, my cost ends up being about $7ea for a $2 coin. Wish you good luck! ffd
 
I find the avg to be 1x 40% per box, anything more is just a bonus
 
Welcome aboard Legend76. I'm a collector as well and have enjoyed doiing it for quite a while. Don't get too discouraged as there is a lot of competition out there. Good luck
rileyboy
 
You are now entering a new dimension, this is a dimension of nice banks and not so nice banks.
 
About 90% of new CRHers have beginners luck. Could happen with your first box, or within the first couple of months. When it does,"watch out" you will become hooked.
Good luck !
Rich
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom