What's new

New CRH hobby strain on 30+ year marriage!

Half-Hound

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2010
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
My Nose
The Half-Hound has been barking up the wrong tree. Six weeks and 31 silver halves after starting this CRH hobby my wife has just about had enough! She couldn't care less if I found a 1970D Kennedy half or a 1971D Kennedy half - or if I found the world's first 1975 Kennedy half. They are just coins to her, and she's getting tired of them. She's getting tired of seeing them, hearing them and even thinking about them. But I'm hooked on this now. What can I do?
 
Upvote 0
There are worse hobbies (addictions) to have. My fiancé knows if I’m in the living room looking through rolls I’m not in the man cave playing World of Warcraft. Finding silver is like getting that epic drop on a 25 man raid. It’s the same high except that you actually have something tangible to show for it instead of some pixels.

...and yes even at 41 I'm still and avid computer game freak. I guess I never grew up. :dontknow:
 
...and yes even at 41 I'm still and avid computer game freak. I guess I never grew up.
i'm 49 and can't stop playing Call Of Duty......constantly switching to GTA San Andreas :thumbsup:
 
So the promise to not make "silly crazy posts" didn't last long.

I love the idea of paying her in halfs. My wife would hate that.

I got my wife on bord by showing her the profits. I fixed the transmission in my durango by selling some silver. It saved the day. When she saw I was not wasteing money but making money she never said another word.

Now she still has no intrest in it aside from counting profits on a dream box, but she let's me do it all I want so its a win to me.
 
2Cents said:
There are worse hobbies (addictions) to have. My fiancé knows if I’m in the living room looking through rolls I’m not in the man cave playing World of Warcraft. Finding silver is like getting that epic drop on a 25 man raid. It’s the same high except that you actually have something tangible to show for it instead of some pixels.

...and yes even at 41 I'm still and avid computer game freak. I guess I never grew up. :dontknow:

haha WOW is addicting, not into the pay per month games so never played it.

but at 23 not married would say marriage would be more important. so slow down on coins or just quit and try to buy them for cheap
 
mistergee said:
...and yes even at 41 I'm still and avid computer game freak. I guess I never grew up.
i'm 49 and can't stop playing Call Of Duty......constantly switching to GTA San Andreas :thumbsup:
I'm even worse. I play historical minature tabletop wargames. I paint all of the figurines as well.
HH
Rich
 
I have been doing CRH'g for over 4 years now and have been posting here for 2. Some of you may remember my post about the fight I got into over her not letting me make a quick stop at banks along the way for a camping trip.

I guess the key to happiness is to do this in moderation. I for 1 am a little overboard and spend well over 10 hrs a week in this hobby just doing my standing orders of boxes and dumping. But some road trips can burn up several hours on a single adventure. I only do road trips when she is out of town or when the kids are in school.

My wife has been somewhat tolerant with my Hobby/addiction only because my first payload bought her a nice piece of jewelery and has rescued us from looming tax bills and credit card dept. (mostly created by here) due to some success that I have had. She bites her tongue. And I have learned to respect family time..... To a degree.

You are not alone in your dilemma. Good luck with both your Marriage and your Hobby. Both parties need to give a little here.

Mojo
 
My wife had never been too impressed with any of my hobbies or collections, including coin roll hunting. I got her to help me with a box a couple years ago and she found a few silvers including a Franklin and was hooked. Now I'd be in trouble if I searched a box or bag without her and she goes with me on all our roadtrips, they make for a nice day out together. Precious metals seem to be attracted to women and she usually finds more when we search than I do, so with luck you can find a way to get her interested.

Good luck.
 
coincrazed is right on this one...I personally hunt as many rolls as I can in my car. Less mess inside the house, the less people know about inside the house...works out better for everyone.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom