TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What and where are you going to hunt?
Will this be you first detector?
Are you the kind of person who like to fiddle and tweak stuff, or just put in drive and go and let the car do all the shifting?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
While waiting don't forget to browse Forum > Metal Detecting Forum > Brands as well...
Whatever you finally decide on - please consider buying one from one of
tn_02.gif
's Supporting Vendors.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
C

Cbiskit31

Jan 1, 2016
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looking for coins and relics. It isn't my first detector, just looking for something decent to have. I'm not an expert by any means but I know the basics. Mostly looking for good depth and discrimination. Thanks.

Dawgs241

Dec 13, 2015
Choudrant, LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, AT Pro, Teknetics T2 Plus aka "Green Goblin"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright guys looking to get a new detector. I'm narrowing it down between the fisher f2 and f22, Tesoro compadre, eurotek pro, or delta 4000. Any thoughts?

What are you using now? Im just starting the hobby and love my Ace 350. My second detector will probably be an AT Pro. Im going to take some trips to do some river and creek hunting in the future. I have also looked into getting the Teknetics t2. I have some friends that have a t2 and enjoy using it.

OP
OP
C

Cbiskit31

Jan 1, 2016
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use a bounty hunter tracker 4. It's actually not that bad and I have found a Mercury dime at 4 inches, but I'd like something with more depth and discrimination. I was looking at the 350. How is the depth and ID on it?

Dawgs241

Dec 13, 2015
Choudrant, LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, AT Pro, Teknetics T2 Plus aka "Green Goblin"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a bounty hunter tracker 4. It's actually not that bad and I have found a Mercury dime at 4 inches, but I'd like something with more depth and discrimination. I was looking at the 350. How is the depth and ID on it?
The depth on the 350 is actually better than I expected. The first time I used the thing I did all metal and hit a nail about 9 inches down. So far the discrimination is good. It uses the segment blocks instead of a number readout. The segment blocks is easy to understand, however I prefer the number readout like on the Fishers and AT pro. All and all im enjoying the 350. The other detector I was heavily leaning towards was the Fisher F4. The main factor I looked at was which detector would be solid performance and not frustrate me and a reasonable price. I really didn't want to spend just under a thousand bucks for a detector right now. Good luck to you.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bell tone of the Aces was a deal breaker for me. I owned the ace 350 and ATPro at the same time and found the 350 to be just as deep but like I said the door bell sounding audio was annoying. I tried an F2 and Eurotek Pro and hands down the Eurotek had much better audio and features.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of the machines you have listed, the most popular of them and also the most capable of them is the Eurotek Pro. It's even better if you get the DD coil option. :)

OP
OP
C

Cbiskit31

Jan 1, 2016
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you all. I'll definetly be checking out the Eurotek and ace 350. Thanks!

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for coins and relics. It isn't my first detector, just looking for something decent to have. I'm not an expert by any means but I know the basics. Mostly looking for good depth and discrimination. Thanks.

Well the f2 would work, but I would want the one with the 11" coil option, but if you are hitting saltwater beaches on the wet sand you wont not do as well as other detectors. I am unfamiliar with the Delta or Tesoro, so I can't say about those. The f22 "says" it good for the beach but it has no setting for salt like the cz3d, which is also a duel Hz machine. The euro tech pro is brought by the guy at first Texas (builders of fisher)
I would compare at the spec of all the machines in your price range from all the manufactures.

Last edited:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I started with the F2 and loved it. I will highly recommend the F44 at $350.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright guys looking to get a new detector. I'm narrowing it down between the fisher f2 and f22, Tesoro compadre, eurotek pro, or delta 4000. Any thoughts?
I think all of those have Fixed GB--------------I prefer Manual GB. Not sure what soil you have.

OP
OP
C

Cbiskit31

Jan 1, 2016
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's fairly mineralized. I've been looking into the eurotek, 350, and f2

Top Member Reactions